Success! I have finished unpacking my final box :-)
I also had my first big cry. Don't worry, it was bound to happen. I actually feel much better now that I've got it out of my system. I was busy unpacking, listening to the CD my dad had burned me for my trip. It was all the songs he could find that had to do with California or LA in some way. Anyways, Track 04 came on about a guy who left home to make his name on the silver screen and how he missed his family, but he was living his dream....and well, I started balling! I kept unpacking thru the tears and I think it was very theraputic for me.
I just got back from a lovely dinner with 2 of my new roommates, Jason and Nick. Won and Alvin were supposed to come as well, but didn't show up. So far the count is 4 guys and me. I think another guy is moving in after Labor Day. That leaves 1 room left to rent out. I'd like to have at least one female companion in the house, so as not to be surrounded by too much testostorone, but we'll see what happens ;-p They all seem like great guys. Jason is very studius and soft spoken. Nick is a bit louder and likes to party, tho he also goes to the theater and art muesumes and such, so he's got some rounded culture. Won is VERY quite and I don't know much about him at all except that he's a freshman at Glendale Community College. I haven't met Alvin yet, but I hear he goes to Glendal Community too. I hope we can all be pretty close roommates. The house seems so quite and almost impersonal. It's surprising to me how much I'm missing having people constantly around. I always thought of myself as a very independent person who was capible of entertaining myself, but I'm not used to this lack of human contact. I need to find a job or something just so I can socialize more!
But let me go back and summerize the last few days. Sunday was a "shopping day" for me and Kath. We went to IKEA and got some great stuff (a bookshelf I've converted to a dresser and a desk). Then we heard from this lady, Amber, who we'd seen on Craigslist. From her I got a double bed, another desk, and a bookshelf I'm actually using for books. My room is now full of black and white furniture. It's cool! Getting the furniture from Ambers place to mine was and adventure. We had to make 2 trips and tied down the trunk both times. We didn't have anything to tie the trunk down with, but this really nice guy came over and helped us and provided some old phone wire :-) Worked like a charm! LOL. We got everything assembled and such things, got in 1 episode of The Office and then it was off to bed.
Had to wake up at 3:30 a.m. to get Kath to the airport by 4:30 :-0 That girl is no longer permitted to take late flights!!! At least not when I have to drive her.....I was freaking out a little, mostly cause I was trying to drive LA freeways at night when I didn't know where I was going, and secondly cause now she was leaving and I was officially on my own. We made it in one piece, but it was a really quick goodbye because I wasn't allowed to park :-( She was off and I went back home and promtly when back to bed.
The rest of Monday was spent looking for job oppurtunities (I did get one offer for an internship that starts around 9/15, but it's unpaid :-( We'll see what happens. It sounds like great fun. It's to work in the Art Dept. and basically come up with set design and such things. I also went shopping for a few more things I needed and groceries. Then I crashed with some TV and went to sleep.
Today was working a lot with recruiting talent for my internet job. I'm really hoping that all my time pays off with some responses. I also may have another internship possiblity in the works. I haven't been able to get in touch with the guy yet (we're playing phone tag), but I'll keep you updated.
These pictures are taking FOREVER to upload. I'm running out of things to write.....upload...upload....upload!!! Nope, still not yet. Hmmmmmmmmm. I managed to find the Post Office, the Library, the YMCA, and the Salvation Army today. As well as the giant outdoor mall (Glendale Galleria) today. Jason was kind enough to point all these places out to me as we walked to the dinner. The dinner was at a place called Islands. It's like a Hawiian themed burget joint. It was yummy and the burgers were freakin' HUGE! It still hasn't uploaded these pics btw. I'm starting to get worried it's choked on them.....
OK, I just give up on the photos tongiht. I'll try again in the morning. Sorry lovlies :-/
2 comments:
Amazing post! Tell Jason that I thought he was very cute when he introduced himself. I think you should go out for burgers more often ;-).
Also, Sarah has read this email and actually emailed me about it, but I see I she hasn't posted :-P, I shall prod her a bit ;-).
Glad to hear you had a good cry and are feeling more settled. Keep posting! Can't wait to see those pics!
I really do love this post...
Post a Comment