Saturday, August 18, 2007

Last full day....

....Well, this is it. My last full night as a VA resident. It's a strange feeling. I'm soooooooo super excited to be going and starting this whole new part of life, but it dawned on me last night that I could no longer call Fairfax my home. Even in college, it was still "home" because that's where I went back to every break. Now it'll just be a place I visit :-/ It's a strange feeling.

My folks are pretty upset with the whole moving thing. My mom is crying and doing blessings over me. Kar is stressing and making sure I've got everything packed, and double, triple, quadrupal checking. And dad is quite about the subject most of the time. I think he'll have it the worst when he has to take a plane back to DC and I'm not on it with him!

I want to be sad too....but I'm so damn excited about moving :-p I guess this is the way it's supposed to be. Kids want to move out and parents want to hold on.....

Anyway, update with the car. It's fixed now! YAY! :::Rejoicing::: So...no more problems....right car? do you hear me? no more breaking down randomly? nope. no more......

I'm going to be breaking down my computer now and loading it up. I'll write more blogs when I get the chance :-D

1 comment:

Kath said...

Hey sweetheart! I think you can still call Fairfax your hometown, and it does have your long-time home, so... you might be leaving home but you're not giving it up.

I like hearing everyone's reactions to you moving. I'm sending lots of hugs to everyone! What does Frank say about it?

What an adventure... and it starts tomorrow!