Before I get to today, I just gotta say that last night I had dinner with Em, Dave, and my parents...and it was AWESOME! We went to Outback, and I really really had a great time. I miss Fairfax already :/
This morning started off pretty normal. I woke up, went donwstairs to say good morning, and was promptly made a lovely egg sandwitch breakfast (hint: this is where the un-normalliness came in :) Kar was in full on "nesting mode," handling everything. Dad was sequestered upstairs at his computer, going on about no big rush out the door. I was ready to hit the road, but since they didn't seem in a hurry I decided to paint my nails with this amazing color Em gave me last night (Midnight Magic). No sooner had I put on the last coat, then there was a frantic "we gotta go...finish loading the car...why aren't you on the road yet" mentality. Suffice to say, the polish was ruined, but we got everything in the car (God knows where Kath's stuff is gonna fit :p)
As my folks waited out by the car with my neighbors to bid me farewell, I went to the back to say bye to the puppies. This was actually a lot easier then I thought it would be. I expected tears on my part, but there really weren't any. I sat down with them and they jumped in my lap and gave me kisses, and it was just a really great goodbye. I miss them like crazy...especially little Stanely. He is my ultimate lap dog and would curl up with me every night as I watched West Wing. Karen had managed a nice surprise for me, with a card from the boys filled with lots of pictures to bring to Cali with me :)
After the boys, it was time for the photo op with the car. I posed all sexy like (tehehehehe) and then came the hugs. Karen was a mess, and I felt so bad leaving her there like that. I'm going to be seeing her again in October, but I guess from her POV that's a long way off. My dad cryed just cause Karen was crying.
Then we were OFF! The car is jammed packed, so it is super back heavy and thus very different to drive. My dad did the driving today, as he wanted to "save me for the rest of the trip" after meeting Kath in Chicago. So we drove and drove and drove some more. It was just a dreary rainy day out, so not much of a fun drive. Everytime the rain would break and we'd wind down the windows, two minutes later it was raining again :/ Awww well.
We're currently staying in a Holiday Inn Express in Brook Park...just outside of Cleveland, OH. We just got back from another night of Outback :p I am stuffed, tired, and ready for bed.
Have no fear darlings cause I'm taking tons of pictures and video :D They will be posted when I get my computer up in LA!
5 comments:
Hey Sexy Lady,
Thinking about Karen tearing up is making me tear up. :-( I love the word sequestered. I feel like sequestering myself under Sarah's bed tomorrow, but I shall resist! If I were working, I'd be getting ready for bed right now, but I'm packing with one suitcase closed and ready to go and the other open and half full (YES!), but awaiting a thick autumn coat (darn).
I've stayed at that very Holiday Inn! I remember it well, there was Pay-per-view... You guys made excellent time to the hotel. I love the ride through PA, I met a girl from Allentown at Lush today, which is right off the turnpike. The Rock is from there, a song is named after it (even though the town in the song is the next town over and the songwriter goofed on the name), and it hid the liberty bell during WWII. More than you wanted to know, but that's small town pride. I love eet.
I'm going to see you tomorrow. I can hardly believe that. It's only been eight months since I last saw you... sheesh. ("only").
Back to the packing... happy driving, lovely!
The LIberty Bell should be capitalised.
Americans spell capitalised with a z. Capitalized.
I think.
I'm not really sure, actually.
I'm really going to pack now.
Dinner was awesome--but it wasn't long enough....I loved the crown :)
(I will post pix of you with it on :)
miss you already...
Post a Comment