What the FUCK??????????? Oh my god you will NOT believe what has fucking happened!!!!!!!
Ok, I'm breathing, really!...............
Don't panic over this cause it's been fixed, but I need to get this outta my system somehow........
Picture this:
I went up to Baltimore to visit my mom one last time. We had fun, and parted without too many tears on her part.
I get on the highway entrance ramp and see my "Check Engine" light is blinking at me. I'm like, wtf? I pull over on
the side of the highway, cause the only exit ahead is to another highway, and I need to stop soon. Anyway, I turn off the car and
there is this stench of burning! Fuck! I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to be checking, so I call my dad and ask what I'm
looking for. As I'm talking, a really nice man pulls over (he's a mechanic that just got off work) and he offers to help me.
We check all the fluid and such, add some coolant (see below for this!!!!) and he says I can probably make it home but make sure
to drive strait to the mechanic. I thank him and he leaves before me.....Then I try to turn the key..... NOTHING! FUCKING NOTHING HAPPENS!!!! The car is completely DEAD!!!!
So, I'm sitting on the side of the shoulder, the good Sumaritan has left me, my dad is freakin panicing because I let someone help me (he's freaked out about murders and kidnappers). I call my mom to come sit with me, but I know she's deathly terrified of highway driving. She freaks of course, but does make it. I'm on the phone with Geico trying to get a tow truck, which is fun because the guy on the phone just can't understand what I'm saying as I describe my location to him. Finally get that settled and I sit with my mom and wait.....
Tow guy gets there and tries a few things, but the car will do nothing. The engine has completely frozen up and it doesn't even try to turn over anymore. We get it to the mechanic, which is closed, and leave it for the night. This morning I get me babies prognosis...She's not dead, just drowned a bit.
Check out this genius American car design. The intake manifold (a vital part of the engine, thank you) is made of fucking PLASTIC!!!! Plasic as a part of a standardly 200 degree fucking engine!!!!! Well, guess what. It melted! When it melted, the coolant leaked into the intake manifold and the engine was flooded with antifreeze. My engine was drowned in antifreeze and had a freakin seizure (hydrotecly locked). I knew this was a problem with the design before I took the car, because I looked it up online, but I totally didn't think it would actually go. I still don't think my dad completely believes someone puts plastic inside a fucking engine.
Anyways.....the damage has been "estimated" at $1060.00 :-0 The mechanic, Victor, is a nice guy tho and has offered to do a thorough checking of all the other parts, wheels, brakes etc. for no extra charge. My baby is going to be clean and prestine.....
But fuck.....fuck fuck fuck! I'm just greatful it kicked now, and not when Kath and I are in the middle of the desert somewhere and it'd be much much worse.
I feel better now. I've come to terms with all of this. The car is gonna be fine! I'm stuck here at my mom's until tomorrow and I had not brought any change of clothes, toothbrush, anything....we hit up Walmart tonight for some replacement wear :-p
I'm out for now...will write you more later.
1 comment:
I can't believe this happened---I further cannot believe you didn't call me!! I mean--I couldn't have said much, but I caould have listened to the ranting---I'm very good at listening to ranting :)
Post a Comment