Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! So right after I finished writing my last blog entry this morning, I decided to check my account balance to make sure I had enough money to pay my landlady. And then it hit me...I LEFT MY CHECKBOOK IN FAIRFAX :-0 Duho! I'm such a major ditz. It's sitting right there where I "wouldn't forget it". Blah :-/ Anyway, this crisis was averted when I called Stella (my landlady) and she's letting me mail the check to her in advance. I then got the Credit Union to do just that. Whoooooa.
After that was all figured out we were on the road to Chicago. It was raining even harder today then it was yesterday :-( As my dad was pulling out of the hotel parking lot this morning, he couldn't see the handicapped sign for the rain and ran it right over :-0 Yikes!
We did get lucky with a break in the rain and got to visit the Notre Dame campus this afternoon. It was beautiful, but I still think VT is better...maybe I'm biased. LOL.
We hit Chicago center right as rush hour was starting, so it took us a bit longer then anticipated. My butt is still asleep from sitting so much :-) We made it to the Chicago Holiday Inn Express, but we weren't in their system for a room. Turns out, they had us arriving yesterday (so basically their system had us in Cleveland and Chicago at the same time :-p) To make up for the hassle they upgraded us to an Executive Suite. Looking out the window I can see the O'Hare runways, and planes taxiing around. It's awesome! We just got room service delivered and it smells delish...gotta go ;-p
1 comment:
hehehe, that sounds like a good day despite the rain (esp with the upgrade). I'm checking the weather for today and crossing my fingers it's clear of rain...
Post a Comment