Monday, December 6, 2010

Wingin' It Weekend

So, this weekend totally did not go as planned. LOL. The original plan was to go hiking in Malibu with the Sierra Club. an 8 mile hike that was slatted to take all day. It sounded fun, interesting, and good exercise, but then I tried waking up at 7am on a Saturday :-o Had to meet in Malibu (at least 40 minute drive) by 8:30. It was just waaaaaaay too early and way too grey looking outside to get up the motivation to go on the hike.

So I scrapped that plan for a new one. It was called, go see a free screening of Tangled that started at 9am (what is with these people?!) They literally rented out the Burbank AMC 16 to show Tangled on all 16 screens for Disney employees and their peeps. Check out the line, it went for several city blocks :-o


It should also be mentioned, that this movie had been on public release since Thanksgiving. Guess you can't argue with the power of "free." But, I must say, EXCELLENT movie!!! I laughed, I cried, I am happy to say Disney animation is back :D (just in time for them to announce they are done with the fairy tales :( What the hell Disney?!)



After the movie I went and hit up the Dollar Store for some festive holiday cheer. And I found lots of awesome stuff.....for a dollar each. I think in total I spent $15 in two trips, and now I have wreaths, fake poinsettia plants (real ones are toxic for baby Milo), and many cute figurines. I also put up colored Christmas lights in my living/dinning room, and it looks awesome at night. Merry Christmas time!!!! The lights do like to fall down somewhere every time I come into or out of the room, but that's ok. They are pretty and I love them. So, that was Saturday afternoon.

Saturday night was spent at Tony's Darts Away again playing Apples to Apples. I won :D lol. It was a fun time, and we were even able to catch the end of the VT game (they beat FSU). There were some angry patrons who didn't like that we had VT on and they stormed out, but whatever....sore people.

Sunday was a completely unplanned, wingin' it day. I got in a trip to the bank, grocery shopping (now have all of dad's requirements for his weekend visit....he's an expensive house guest ;p) and did some general hanging out. It was relaxing. I even got to talk to Kath and watch a Disney classic, Beauty and the Beast. A good night and an excellent weekend.

But....now it is Monday and the work week has begun with avengence. ::sigh:: Bring it on work, bring it!

No comments: