I've had a rather tame but rewarding day. I got done some laundry and meet a nice apartment mate who lived in Bethesda for a long time before moving out here about 5 years ago. We chatted for a bit about back East. Later on I went grocery shopping (yikes to lines) and came to a revelation. It's not that I don't know how to cook necessarily, it's that I don't know how to shop. I don't know what it is that I need to get in order to actually make healthy home cooked meals. I need to work on both the cooking and the grocery shopping come the new year.
The rest of the day was spent just resting so far. Right now I'm cuddled up on my bed with Milo typing this blog (obviously :-P). If my laptop was co-operating I would also be listening to Glee Christmas again, but alas, it is being stubborn, so no Christmas tunes.
In just under two hours I'll be heading out to celebrate midnight mass at the First Methodist Church around the corner on Tujinga tonight. Never been there before, but I just feel the need to go to a warm church and sing music and have a candle light service tonight. I think it should be very nice and I'm looking forward to it.

Toni, my landlady/manager here, was sooooooo sweet today and brought over a plate of cookies for me. The pic to the left is them ;-p They were fresh baked and still warm from the oven. I had the cannoli (YUM) and the rest is for tomorrow. I will also be cooking tomorrow and will bake some chicken for dinner.
Merry Christmas to me....and in the immortal words of Tiny Tim "God bless us, every one!" <3
UPDATE:
Just got home from the candlelight service at United First Methodist of North Hollywood. I am glad I went but was sort of disappointed. There was barely anyone there, the music was not very good (couldn't hear choir and parishioners weren't singing :-/) The best part of the night was most definitely the end where everyone was given a candle and some jingle bells to ring. Everyone lit their candle as we sang Silent Night and then we lined up along the wall. When everyone had their candle, they turned out the lights, the pastor said Merry Christmas and everyone rang their jingle bells. It was beautiful!
No comments:
Post a Comment