Yup, they go together. You know how? Cause it's the theme(s) for today :-p
Earlier this week I found free Christmas music on AOL. It's to sell CDs of course, but it lets you listen to all the new Christmas albums in completion. It's got Susan Boyle (good voice, no emotion), Glee (great), the Chipmunks (YAY!), some Irish Christmas albums, and I'm currently on Jessica Simpson (good emotion, blah voice). It's great to be able to get into the season a bit. Still can't believe that it's only a few more days away. Seems so surreal.
Speaking or surreal, I actually got to talk to Kar Kar the other night! It's a miracle. Especially considering that she is usually in bed before I'm even out of work. lol. But as I was at the Studio Lot yesterday for lunch with Rachel and some discount Disney store shopping, I had the extra time to give her a ring at a "decent" hour. She was working on the famous Christmas letter and I have the largest section this year. Woot Woot! That's what happens when you manage a new job, new apartment, new cat, and even a new sofa bed in the span of a year....now all I needed was that new boyfriend.....maybe next year..... She did say she'd email me an advanced copy so I can read it for Christmas this year :-)
So, how does a power outage work into this you may ask. Simple. In the middle of the day, for no apparent reason at all, the power in Jason, Bruce, and Paul's offices all went out :-o They are all along the same Eastern side wall and all of them just went dead. Jason's in the middle of printing a 60 page deck. Oops. LOL. We called Facilities and flipped the breaker for us, but it was a funny 5-10 minutes. Jason didn't know what to do with himself.
The craziness and amount of work certainly hasn't slowed down any this week. Maybe, maybe :::fingers crossed::: next week will slow down just cause people will be on vacation. It will be nice. But, yeah, basically, I've become a mini-HR runner these last 2 weeks. With the crazy rush to hire before the end of the year interviews are stacking up back to back. And I guess they can't handle it all cause I'm busy escorting and keeping tabs on these candidates up here. Yikes!
But, I did get wonderful news yesterday/today. I am going to help out with my first official Disney shoot tomorrow. We're shooting a short in Glendale of the artists drawing Disney characters and then some interviews with the artists. Should be awesome fun. And Jason was nice enough to let me take almost the whole day over there (8am - 3:30pm). What an awesome job I have :-) I'll be a PA. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment