Basically, I created a paper jam in the hopes of seeing where the exact problem lay. They had ruled out the ink cartridge because I had replaced it with a new one and still had the problem. The paper jam trouble shoot proved that it wasn't the fussor (super heater that dries the ink), so the only one left was the roller that advances the paper. So HP had me do a "cleaning" on the printer. After the cleaning the test page was still coming out with lines so everyone agreed I needed a new roller and we set up a case number and everything. So that HP would be able to see the "problem" I was going to *pdf a sheet over to her to show what the zebra strips look like. When I went to make the page, however, a very funny thing happened.....it copied perfectly! No zebra stripes, just a perfect little copy.....go figure....
So, it's official, my trouble shooting days are over :-p
See zebra stripe fun-ness below (this was a copy of blank glass):
No comments:
Post a Comment