It is sooooooooo silent. This office is like a ghost town, and the people who are here are mostly chatting and talking about how their Christmas' were or what they're doing for New Years. I know wish I had just sucked it up, used my vacation days and gone home for Christmas and New Years. Never again will I celebrate Christmas alone!!!! It was AWFUL :-(
But now, it is only one day and a few more hours until I fly back home. I keep hearing the horror stories of snowed out airports all over the East, but I'm hopeful (and weather daddy insists) that things will be all cleared up by the time I land at Dulles on Thursday morning. And then it will be the whirlwind of adventure and fun that is my visits. Here is the general itinerary:
____________________________________________
Day 1) Land Thursday morning, go to Fairfax, have brunch with Mom and Joe, come home and wrap everyones' presents, sleeeeeeeeeeep.
Day 2) Drive with Dad and Kar down to VA Beach and have Christmas with the bro and then celebrate New Years Eve until midnight+
Day 3) Drive back up to Fairfax and have Christmas with Dad and Kar
Day 4) Drive up to Philly, visit grandmom, go to Eagles game, drive back to Fairfax
Day 5) Metro into the city and visit Em for lunch
Day 6) Sleep? Get on another red-eye back to LA getting in midnight+
Day 7) Back to work :-o
____________________________________________
I do believe I am either insane or a masochist. It's possible that I am both. Time will tell on this one ;-p
I am worried about how Milo will do. i know I've said it before, but I've just never left him before. Toni, my landlady, will look after him, but he's such a social cat. He needs his cuddle time when I get home from work and when I wake up in the morning. He needs to have his "talkie" time too. I'm sure he'll meow at the walls just fine, but poor baby is going to be all alone :-( I'm thinking one or two scenarios are likely. Either, he will be perfectly fine and not even notice that I'm gone for a week, or he will get really pissed and start peeing and pooping around the house in protest and Toni gets made at me for having a bad cat.
::sigh:: Time will have to tell on this one too I suppose. I am hoping he goes for option one and has no problems while I'm gone. Either way, there is nothing I can do about it. And at least he'll be at home and not in a cage at the vets.
No comments:
Post a Comment