However, today was interesting in that it was light rain, a bit harder, LOVELY BLUE SKY, freaking POURING rain and THUNDER, gorgeous rainbow....schitzo much LA?!

Pics by me at Noho office (yes I missed the middle part :-( sorry)

Picture by Rachel Vargas at Studio Lot

Picture by Gilli Aliotti at Noho (double rainbow sighting :)
Today was an interesting day to say the least. Hard to describe. I decided to drive to work as it was raining and I figured it would only get worse through the day. It was a good thing I did as well because the doctors office called with my blood test results from my physical last week. So I drove over there and witnessed some serious "river bed" flooding along Lankershim (it was spilling up onto the sidewalks :-o). Made it to the doctors office really easily but then had to sit in the waiting room for 40 minutes :-/ Really?! Plus......they charge me coming in for results as a doctors visit!!! I got charged $15 so they could hand me a photocopied paper!!! They did the whole take my temp and blood pressure thing (Jen said to make it count as a doctor appointment) and then I talked to the doc and she basically told me everything is looking really great :-) Go me! A few "highish" levels but she said it wasn't anything to worry about. She wanted to do another blood test and urinalysis "to be sure" but I told her let me see what the lab charges me for the first one. I have the feeling these guys are seriously trying to rip me off for all I have and it wasn't something I appreciated. And besides, they'd just charge me again for those results too...no thanks. But the good news is that I am in excellent health and very happy for that.
Drove back to the office, which is basically dead for the holidays now. Did some basic shop keeping and giving out mail/presents, but for the most part it's been a slow day. I'm sure tomorrow will be much the same as it's the day before the "work holiday."
It definitely feels like Christmas to me (especially since I am currently listening to "Glee the Christmas Album") but it's so weird that I'm her in California. I can't really describe in words how it actually feels. It's happy for Christmas time but disappointed I'm not home. Even though I leave in just a week to be home, it seems an eternity away and yet so close at the same time :-/ See the confusion?
No comments:
Post a Comment