Yay! The gauntlet that is known as annual physical exams (and the bonus female ones) is done for this year. Now, all I have is to sit back and wait to hear the hopefully good results :) I even made my vision exam appointment, for Dec. 23rd, so there is that to look forward to. But at least it doesn't involve the taking of any bodily fluids. lol.
This week at work is shaping up to be just as crazy as last week. Things are supposed to slow down this time of year, aren't they? Oh well. But if I feel run ragged, I know Jason is worse off. People just need to know a direction is all. The problem is no one has had one since May and so everyone is just pulling in a million different directions at once. It's chaotic.
Take this for example. Jason had an interview with a canidate today. HR is crazy busy, so Schalidta wasn't escorting him as per normal. Well, the guy thought he was done for the day so started to leave. But he still had his meeting with Jason and others down on 3 (who were throwing a holiday party we weren't invited to :(). Anyway, we had to get him back, and then he only had about 10 minutes with Jason as there was another canidate right behind him in the que. Anyway, he then had a "break" before another interview at 12noon, but I'd told him to stay put in 4th floor reception. Schaldita was looking to get things back on schedule by starting his next interview early, and so when Nicole called for him to come down early for her time, I went to reception to find that he'd wandered off again, this time to Starbucks. It was just such unnecessary chaos. If you are interviewing, do and stay where you are told. Know your own schedule. Do not wander.
Oh I am so homesick for the East Coast. Not even cause of the holdiays or anything. I think I'll be just fine here for Christmas, though I think dad is having a tough time not having either of us home (Frank is working). I just have different priorities now then I did at 23. I've had my adventure and I've done LA, and now I want to do the family thing. I feel like I'm missing out on so much, and it makes me sad. I heard from Kath that her roomie and friend Evan just got a job in Chicago and he'll be moving the end of this year. I think she's pretty bummed, and I completely understand.
Why does 26 feel so old to me? Why do I feel like I should have accomplished more by now? And when am I going to figure out exactly what it is I want to accomplish? I'm in this "go with the flow" attitude, cause I honestly don't know what else to be/do. No one lays the path out for you after school, but they also don't prepare you to lay your own path either. It's all so confussing. And yes, I am learning lots, but is any of it relevant to what I want in life? Uggggg....deep and heavy questions on my mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment