Mini go me party again. Rode the elevator up to 4th floor today with a giant box of Yum Yum Doughnuts, was offered one of said Yum Yum Doughnuts, and I said "no thank you." LOL. I actually turned down free doughnut breakfast goodness. My healthy kick must be going well, I definitely think it is at least. I've woken up every morning this week and done my running. I've tried my best to eat sensibly (see above) and I've started up with the some weights and calisthenics after I get home for work. Now, if this kick lasts through to the new year, I may not need to make a new year's resolution this year, I'll just keep on keeping on.
So during my lunch break trip to Ralph's yesterday afternoon, I finally managed to pick up some of those plug-in air fresheners. I've been trying to avoid getting them, just cause I think they are ugly, but I must admit that they do make my apartment smell nice. Especially now that I have Mr. Milo. Even with cleaning the litter box once a day, it's such a small apartment (and the cold whether is having me keep the windows shut) that I need something to make it smell better. So I have a Febreeze inspired "pet odor eliminator" scenty thing now. Oi vay! LOL.
One thing that really kind of annoys me about my Ralph's lunch trips though is this. North Hollywood is not exactly the "best" of neighborhoods (in fact I really miss the "posh-ness that was Glendale) and so I often see several homeless people on my short walk for food. Now, either they will just stare at me, creepy but ok I guess, or they will do the begging thing, which really freaks me out. I know they're people and all that and I'm sure they are very nice ones, but they follow me around begging for money or cigarettes or some other thing I don't have. And not only are the scary in their "stalking" but also very guilt producing, and I don't deserve to feel guilty for not carrying a quarter. I know if I were to start and give something to one, all the others would hear and expect something too, and while I am fortunate to have a good job, I've got my own bills to pay.
Second worst to the homeless parade is the "sign my petition" parade I have to walk through every lunch hour as well. We've got Greenpeace, we've got Girl Scouts, we've got repeal Obamacare, we've got help the children. And they stand right outside of the Ralph's doors so there is physically no way in or out without being bombarded with sign this, donate that, blah blah blah. They also have the guilt trip act down too, only they aren't as ashamed of using it. It frickin' pisses me off! I just want to go to the store, get my lunch, eat, and then go back to work people. Why do I have to walk the gauntlet to do that?!
I suppose I could just find another place to eat, or simply pack my lunch, but I enjoy getting out of the office and walking in the sunshine for a few minutes of my long day. And as for other places to eat, there aren't many options :-/
No comments:
Post a Comment