Well, it's official (and late this year) but daylight savings time ended this last weekend. It now officially is dark a good 30 minutes before I even leave work :-/ How depressing. I love waking up in the sunshine, especially as it motivated me to get out of bed and go running this morning, but I just hate coming home in the dark. I get in and it feels like 9pm already (even though it's before 6) and then I get lazy.
It also decided to get into fall type weather the other day when it went down into the 60's during the day and was only 47 this morning. The weather has been schizophrenic in LA this season. From going to freezing rain, thunderstorms, and hail to oppressive triple digit heat to brisk and 30mph winds, it just doesn't want to make up it's mind. On the bright side, I don't think we're going to have to worry too much about wildfire season this year (or so I hope) since it's been so wet.
Milo has turned into a total love bug machine lately. He even came in last night, got on top of my chest and was giving me a kitty-cat hug and head bumps :) He purrs like a little cricket and it just too cute for words. But he tries to find them with all his "speaking." That boy is the most meow-y cat I've ever met, and I've met some meow-y cats before. Adorable until you're having a good dream only to be woken by kitty-it's-time-to-pet-me-now-time. LOL.
Speaking of adorable and lovable pets, dad's company is starting to collect stories about your fav pets (and also some true love stories too). I'm thinking of writing one about Waldo. I've actually started it, but not liking it so far so may start over. We'll see. But I think it's a great project and I hope he gets many many submissions. It's like RSP's own Chicken Soup series.
And...it's official.....I am done my Christmas shopping already! Go me, go me. I ordered everything online and had it shipped directly to Fairfax. Not only does this save me from the insanity that is California taxing, but it also saves me from having to lug a bunch of presents home on a plain. I've done the math, and with air travel, baggage fees, parking at airport, presents, etc. this holiday season will cost me some $1000 to get through :-o It's all worth it in the end, but just wish flying across the country wasn't so hard or so expensive. I need to live closer to home.
No comments:
Post a Comment