Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Family drama weekend

:::H-E-A-V-Y sigh::: I am so tired of my dysfunctional family. Seriously! This is just so stupid and juvenile and I don't want to be a part of it. So, basically, while I'm in Virginia for the New Years weekend the plan was originally that Frank, Jen, David, Dave, and Kay were going to come to Fairfax for New Years Eve weekend and we'd have "Christmas." Well, that plan didn't work due to Christine having a New Years party and Dave volunteering at his church. So we changed it so that dad, Karen, and I would go down there for that weekend. I even got an invite from Jen to stay over at their house, which I'm looking forward too :)

The drama started this Sunday when I find out that mom is planning on visiting that same weekend. O.M.G. why?! I get that she isn't seeing Frank for Christmas because of him working, but basically she told me, "I have the opportunity to have both my kids together for Christmas and I'm going to take it." Well no mom, that's just wrong. Sorry to say it, but you can't take over peoples weekends. She always does this and she truly doesn't understand that no one actually invited her. If she wants the both of us together, have your own party, don't crash someone else's just cause you know we'll say no to you. It only gets worse cause now dad is very mad at her and told me last night that he doesn't even want to go anymore. That I can go on my own and visit. (see the childishness?) The worst thing is that I called my mom and tried to explain my feelings that she has 52 weekends a year to visit them, why can't I have my one weekend and she got royally pissed at me, started yelling, calling me names, and calling me a child and I should get over it, this is a new day, blah blah balh. How lovely....I was being honest and polite and now she's doubly determined to ruin everything. And my dad's reaction is that I should talk to Jen and tell her to dis-invite my mom. Well, no dad, I am a guest who Jen was gracious enough to actually invite down to their house, I'm not going to tell her who she can and can't have in her home and when. I am so sick of being in the middle of this. And both dad and mom keep yelling about how I shouldn't put myself in the middle of it, but then they are the ones that come to me and put me there!!!! Grrrrrrrrr. And when I decided to just let it be and both families would have "joyous funness" that weekend, dad got all pissy cause I gave into her, and why don't I tell Jen and drag her into family drama that isn't even hers to begin with.....What a mess. Frank just stays out of all of it and maybe he's smart for that, but I'm just so tired. I've decided not to fight this one because I made my feelings known and they were rejected and you know what, it's not my place to be telling them how to behave themselves cause it's not even my party. If I were the host, this would be a different story, but I'm not so I'm out of it. No longer in the middle until the rents try to drag me back in.... but I'll definitely be in the middle that weekend :-/

No comments: