This was a fun filled weekend which started at work on Friday around 2pm. For the last month the EAC (employee activities committee) here at work has been working to have a building wide Halloween event. I was put in charge of getting together the 4th floor. I think it turned out great if I do say so myself. There were haunted cubes/hallways. Haunted offices. I turned the Cave into a spooky game room complete with computers the kids could play on (the Games team loved this as they got a free live session/research done....work work work). Dan, who dressed as Swedish Chef and was a big hit, helped get together Jupiter room to be a fall haunt complete with a screening of the Pooh Huffelump Halloween Movie. And finally, our creative team turned room 414 into the TRON End of the Line Lounge, which I dind't know at the time was serving alcohol all afternoon (we had put it on the map for the kids :-o).
On other floor haunted hallways were going on, scavenger hunts, and even a pumpkin carving contest and spooky desert potluck. At 5pm there was an awards ceremony/party in the courtyard. I missed the party cause I was busy cleaning up the 4th floor decorations, but it was all over a fun afternoon. Kids in costume were everywhere, and employees too. As I mentioned below I didn't dress up cause I didn't think many people would. Turns out a a few people did (most changed when the kids came), but I was happy with my pirate shirt and dark eye liner look. Jason dressed up as a farmer, his boys (Luke and Parker) were a cow and a chicken respectively, and his wife (Jamie) was a farm girl. It was the cutest thing ever!
::sidenote - you'll notice in the pics below I didn't include people that weren't me since I wasn't sure if I had their permission::
So, onward to Saturday night. Ashley put together a pre Halloween gathering at a place called Tony's Darts Away in Burbank. It was me, Ashley, Tim, Nick, and Erin. The bar was a vegan bar which served a plethora of sausages (which were eh-ok) and some a-m-a-z-i-n-g sweet potato fries covered in maple syrup and crushed walnuts. It sounds strange but trust me they were fantastic!
I learned how to play a new board game called Apple to Apples. I've heard of it before, but had never played. It was actually a lot of fun. I came in second place during out last round :)
Sunday (actual Halloween) was a run around and shop kind of day. I was at the mall and saw many little trick or treaters all cute and dressed up. But the win goes to one little girl in JCPennys who asked her daddy - "Daddy why are their Christmas decorations up and not Halloween?!" LOL! You go little girl....stick it to the consumerism man! Only mangaed to find 2 cute sweaters as I was throughly uninspired by the fall selections at the mall. Went and did my grocery shopping and went home for some relaxation. As I expceted, since we live in a secured building (as is every apartment complex in the neighborhood) I didn't get any trick or treaters. I saw Toni (our manager) sitting downstairs by the front door and I assume she gave some candy to anyone passing by, though I didn't see any little kids. It was kindof weird not seeing any kids at all. But this morning Jason showed me pics of his neighborhood in Pasadena and they went all-out in the decorating and trick or treating. Amazing what a few miles can change....
No comments:
Post a Comment