Anyways, I went to Disneyland this last Saturday with the typical VT crew of Ashley and Tim and also a new VT group member who was visiting Ashley this weekend, Elyse (pronounced a-lease). She was also Comm, a year ahead of us, and she stayed on to finish her masters in comm, which she said she doesn't use at all :-p She also doesn't know any other of the comm masters grads that use theirs either. For now she works in some government type job in DC.
So, this whole trip started because Ash had suggested that we all go to Disney to see the holiday decorations. We randomly chose to go on the 12th and it was lucky we chose that day because it was the first day of having the holiday decorations up and active. It was also a very baaaaaaaaad choice.....cause the crowds were i-n-s-a-n-e!!!
We arrived at about 11am and went strait to California Adventure to get a World of Color pass. The 9pm was sold out (shocker) and we got our 10:15 passes. Flash forward to us not using them and bailing out early, but that will come later in the story. Anyway, we kicked it around Cali Adventure, going on Tower of Terror, seeing 'A Bugs Life' attraction, Muppet's 3D, and Ash, Tim, and Elyse all rode the California Screamer roller coaster while I sat out and had an ice cream float instead.
After finishing all there was of interest in Cali Adventure we 'hopped' over to Magic Kingdom. What we didn't realize, or think about, was how insanely crowded the place was now (it was probably close to 2pm). People were everywhere. We tried to do the Fast Pass for Space Mountain and the return time was at 11pm-12midnight :-o Other Fast Passes were also several hour waits. We only wound up getting to use one pass on the Indiana Jones ride. Worth it, but geeeeeeez. Not only were the lines long and the crowd oppressive, but due to the high occupancy all the rides started breaking down around 7ish. Literally, Indiana Jones, The Matterhorn, Space Mountain, It's a Small World, etc. were all broken. Then, with the fireworks coming up at 8:30, people were starting to stop and stand and generally be in the way. All 4 of us were getting very uncomfortable (which means it must have been bad as I am usually ok with these things and have great patience).
After finally finding some nice ladies to take a group pic (see below) of us outside of Small World, we all made the crazy trek trying to get OUT of the park. We made it back to the parking garage just in time to see the fireworks display from the garage. Our group and another family stood in the stairwell and took in the unobstructed view. Much much better then if we had stayed I think ;p I'm sorry we left before World of Color cause I really do want to see it, but we were all so exhausted, worn out, and crabby.
I drove home, and it was only about 9:30pm but I was dead beat. I crashed on the coach for a bit and went to bed about 10. Woke up the next morning all sore and bruised from the various rides and excessive walking around. Am I getting old or was it just a bad day?! :-o I'm hoping for the latter.
But now for some of the awesome highlights:
-Elyse is a very cool person and she was fun to hang with.
-Eating the cream cheese filled soft pretzel in Tomorrowland!!!
-The craziness of trying to break cash and reimburse others and get gas money, etc.
-Discovering the "trippy" Winnie the Pooh ride...lol.
-Good times had by all!
No comments:
Post a Comment