LOL! You have NO idea have very very very very very tired I am ;-p Dileriously so as a matter of fact! And yet I'm loving every second of this job. For those who I haven't told yet, I got a title promotion. I am no longer a P.A., but now a 1st A.D. (or first assistant director). Basically, I'm the manager that makes sure everything is running on time and smoothly so that the director can concentrate on being creative. It's a BLAST!!! The cast and crew are all so dedicated to making this a good project, and it's really starting to take shape now. The first few days were bumpy, just cause everyone was testing eachother out, but we're starting to get the hang of this and I'm really proud :-)
It also helps that everyone is so friendly and laid back (tho not always good when it's time to actually shoot something :-) There is one exception, but we're not going there on this blog.....But as a lovely example of either stupidity or plain old fashioned fun....I'm going to tell you about last Thursday night/Friday morning.
Thursday day was an absolute disaster in everyone being unorganized and chaotic. This was also the night I got promoted to wrangle everyone in. We shot from 10:30 am Thursday until 3:30 am Friday!!! A typical day should not run over 12 hours, this was 17 :-0 By this time, I was soooooooo tired that I was actually no longer tired. So, I decided to suggest a movie and beer night over at the director's house (which also happened to be the location we were filming in that day). Dante's Criterion has several homages to Shaun of the Dead, and I'm the only crew/cast member who has not seen this movie. As this is blasphamy, our main actress, Ashley, brought in a copy, and this was the movie we sat down to enjoy. Complete with Coors light and Jack Daniels of course ;-p It was AWESOME fun, however it also meant going to bed at 6 am and waking back up sometime around 8 am :-0 We didn't have any shoot scheduled for Friday (it was our 1 day off), so basically it was me, Ashley, Randy (our lead actor), and Mark (our director) all chilling out and talking until I left to go home about 5:00 pm Friday evening. Loooooooooooong day, right? The fun didn't stop there.....My roommmates were confused as to where I had disappeared too, as I had been gone for so long. I explained about the long hours of the project and they understood better. They were all headed to Islands (an amazing burger joint not far from us :-) and invited me along. Soooooooo I trailed along to Islands for dinner, and then decided that since I hadn't really been paying much attention to Shaun of the Dead the night/morning before, we should have a roommmate showing of the DVD!!! I am a crazy crazy bitch!!! We popped in the DVD and it was me, Jason, Won, Blythe (multi-taksing by hot glueing her Halloween costume together), and Valerie (who was sans her 12 month old daughter, Destiny, for the night). I actually made it through quite a bit of the movie before blacking out on my bed somewhere near the end ;-p
It was back to work on Saturday, and we'e running strait through until Thursday :-0 The only truly crappy part of this is that with my promotion, my schedule is no longer flexible. I must be there for every shoot! And so I wasn't able to get away on Saturday and see Karen, who was planning on visiting me for the day while she was in Vegas on a business conference :*-( She understood, tho, and is soooooooo happy for me getting this job and the promotion. I think my folks are learning with me how this industry works, and that sometimes you need to work deferred pay, just to be out there and working. You can make so many contacts and learn so many things, that it truly is worth it. I know I'm the better for it, and we're only in our second week of filming!
I haven't decided yet if I should try to find a temp job for Friday (again our day off) and bring in at least some money! I just heard from one of my friends, Zee, that he got fired from his office job and is now in a bit of a panic for money, as rent is due in only a few days :-0 And his rent is waaaaaaay higher then mine, so I'm really worried about him. Hoepfully things will turn out alright. I know that he didn't like the job too much because it took up all his time and he wasn't able to find production gigs, which is what he came out here to do (and me and my other friend Tim did as well). I'm hoping this is a blessing in disguise for him, and he's able to find somethign better quickly! BTW, Tim is working as a P.A. editor on the new Ben Stiller movie that Disney is currently making, so this is definietly cool! I really do <3 LA :-D
And.......I <3 getting to go both to London and to NOVA over the holidays!!!! (FYI for Emily, I'm going to be home 12/19-12/30) I am STOKED...you have NO idea how VERY HAPPY I am.......hehehehehehehehehe ;-p
Ok, I have about a million things on my To Do List, so I'm going to run lovelies. *mwah*
2 comments:
You, my fab friend, are amazing and cool!
But, Coors? COORS? It's MILLER you should be drinking? So what if they've merged, you have a friend in WI, it's a requirement ;-)
POST PICTURES!!!
lylylylyly!
omg---and I thought MY life was nuts--
*taking torch and passing it to Lex*
The job of multitasker extraordinaire is now yours my dear. I am SOOOOOO thrilled for you!
Did you totally love Shaun of the Dead? Dave and I saw it and were laughing our asses off---you gotta se Hot Fuzz now---same guys--different story--SOOO good!
Anyhooo---miss you TONS and I'm STOKED big time that you're finding time to come back these here parts to visit! so we will be planning a get-together alllllrighty?
Post a Comment