Monday, October 8, 2007

Working Girl....

I am here at Disney working for today and tomorrow as an Exec. Assistant. Holy crap if these people are BUSY!!! I have to juggle, phones, email, IMs, and people coming to me for all these things that I don't know what they are or where to find them. The other Exec. Assistants are really helpful and have been great to me, but it's still crazy running around to the printer and copier and back to the desk. Whoa! I'm tired already and my work day is 9-6:30 :-0 Problem with that was that no one got in till about 10, and so the first hour was spent starring at the computer that I didn't have the password to unlock....that's exaggerating, I was actually reading the cheat sheet manual the gril (Nancy) left for me. It's 15 pages long!!!!


My weekend was nice, but very slow. I basically lounged around, read, and played some chess with the roomies. I'm loving where I'm living. Everyone is so cool and relaxed, and we actually enjoy doing things together. I really couldn't ask for any better....except maybe to have Kath, Em, and Sarah here with me :-p


I'm excited about starting this production internship this Wed., but nervous too. It's my first "real" production job, and things are sooooooo different out here compared to back at school. I hope I turn out to like this. At school it was awesome and fun. But here, everyone seems so darn stressed and it's sooooooo much work just to get everyone in 1 place at 1 time......I don't know. Ahhh, the creative world :-)


Ok, my lucnh break is almost over.


<3 ya,

~lexie

2 comments:

emyink said...

you know...I'm surprised that a huge corporation like disney can't just get mice to anser phones---after all...they got them to sew up a dress for Cinderella...
I suppose they have a union in CA tho...

Lexie said...

hahahaha