Hi everyone!
Just wanted to let ya'll know I might be missing from Blogger for the next month or so. Tomorrow and Friday I go in for the rehersals for Dante's Criterion (the new movie I'm helping to make :-) Then, on Monday we start shooting!!! Sooooooooo excited to get started. YAY!
For those who don't quite understand a PA's (Production Assistant) job...don't feel bad cause I don't completely understand it either :-p It is so so different out here in Cali compared to back home. Tons of people doing tons of things....it's CRAZY. lol. Basically, I'm working directly with the Writer/Director of this movie, Mark Todd. I will be an intimediary between him and the actors and such people. My basic duties to date have been making phone calls, scheduling, and making food runs. Don't know what will happen on set, but we'll find out together.
Here is the basic summary of the film:
***as a side note, I was typing all of the above with only one hand as I was on hold f-o-r-e-v-e-rrrrrrrr with Citibank***
Ok....the film.....this young man is driving cross-country to cme to LA and persue his dream of being a writer. Along the way, he finds a TV sitting abandoned in the middle of the desert. Being a poor writer, and a smart (???) kid, he takes the TV home with him. Only problem....the TV is inhabited by a 13th Century monk! Instead of the people watching the TV and judging its contents, the TV watches the people and passes judgment on their souls....usually in gruesome death....blah!
Maybe not the best description, but that's the general gist. I'm happy to be a part of it, I think it could be really awesome. We've got some great people working on it too. The director, Mark, and producer, James, have been working together in TV for the last 20 years. There's also the special effects guru, Martin, who has done a lot of effects for many films and TV shows. All three blokes are from jolly ol' England, and it's sooooo much fun to just listen to them talk :-) Tomorrow will be my first day meeting the actors, so I don't know how good or bad any of them are, but from talking on the phone, I think everyone's going to be able to get along fine. There will also be other crew that I haven't met yet either.
It's going to be a busy production schedule. 6 day work weeks, doing probably 12ish hours a day, depending :-0 This is typical apparently, but definietly different for a girl who's worked in an office all my professional life. I should have chosen acting instead :-p Crew is waaaaaaay under-appriciated, in time and in money compared to actors. That's one thing that really bugs me about this town. People take celebraty to a whole new level and it's damned annoying sometimes.....
But now let us go back to yesterday. I got a temp job to work for 1 day at the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (ATAS). These are the people who host, nominate, and vote for the winners of the Emmys. You know..."I'd like to thank the Academy....." and all that jazz :-) I was a temp in the Marketing Dept. and was helping out this really great lady named Pam. She had mistakenly been emailed TONS of RSVPs to two separate events that she had nothing to do with. Sooooooo, they needed someone to help sort through all the RSVPs and allow her to go back to her daily work. Enter, me! It was easy, mindless stuff, but I liked it because of that. Plus, Pam was great, and gave me a ton of free stuff, including an Emmy's poster, some note pads, etc. I almost got a Emmy's baseball cap too, but she couldn't find the key to the drawer :-( Ah, well.
After this job, I went to a second job, being an audience member in the taping of The Big Bang Theory. A funny sitcom on CBS that basically surrounds these 4 nerds and their quest to get girls, cool computer games, etc. It was fun, but loooooong, and my butt was asleep by hour two (it was a four hour taping). But I did meet a nice guy, Aaron, who sat next to me. He's also trying to get into movies, but into post-production and editing. He's having a tough go of it, but that also seems to be a norm in this industry. The DJ meant to entertain the audience was a really really annoying guy that liked to think he was funny, but I just found him crase and annoying. Many people around me were wishing he'd fall back over the railing so we wouldn't have to listen to him anymore. lol. Speaking of people around me...there were 4 older women behind me and Aaron. And by old, I mean my grandmothers age. But they were flirt flirt flirting with Aaron. One lady even asked him to open here bottled water for her and then went on about "there are still good men left" LOL :-p It was amusing, if not a little strange.
We've just gotten our last new roommate for a while. I haven't met her yet, as I've been typing this up, but I heard them pull up. She has a 10 month old baby :-0 Her name is Valerie, and sh'es going to live in the little guest house that's out back, between the two main houses. This is good because we won't have to hear the baby crying, but bad, cause that's one of the smallest rooms, and there's gonna be two of them. We'll see how everything goes. I'm sure she'll be fine and nice.
I've also got a small new addiction to admit to. It's called YouTube, and YES, I am a YouTube-aholic :-p hahahahaha. I have wasted sooooooo many of my free hours watching videos it's not even funny. Mostly of old TV shows that I can't see anymore (Girls Next Door and Voyager mostly). Good times, good times :-) Also, my other roomies have designated my room as the Heroes watching room (sorry Kath), and so now I'm getting into Heros as well.
This post is the size of a small novella :-D Hope you all are enjoying the weather. It's finally starting to cool around here, and I just went on an impromtu shopping spree at Target this morning for lots of fall/winter shirts and sweaters. I need new jeans too, but they'll have to wait till another paycheck or two comes in. lol. Later my lovlies!
***mwah***
4 comments:
You're watching Heros? I mean... it's Heros!!. (For those of you who are unaware of the reason I'm boycotting NBC please see: http://kathisms.blogspot.com/2006/10/5-reasons-i-hate-nbc.html). (And no, I can't figure out why I can't put a hyperlink in a comment).
In other news, you lead an exciting life and I am envious (but in a good way).
hahahahaha <--evil laughter cause I know EXACTLY why you're boycotting NBC without even having to look it up.
It's really just a roommate bonding experience darling :-p
I have to agree with Kath on this one...THO...Kristen Bell is on Heroes now, SO I might be persuaded not to hate it anymore.
I am so much more partial to Battlestar Galactica.
Anyhoo..my busy, busy friend..I am so sorry that celebrity sux so much. I have often wished I could become famous, and put them all in their place..like, "you guys remember when YOU were nobody? Not too fun, huh?" And then I could take my crew to get margaritas and laugh about the other cast members....FUN! We would have a blast Lexie!
hahahaha. You are MY kindof celeb Em :-) It would be such a blast to have you out here!
And yes, Kristen Bell is on Heros :-P It just sucks that it's only becasue Veronica Mars is off the air :-( Ah, well, such is life.
Post a Comment