Tuesday, September 4, 2007

So far.......

I know you all are anxious for pics. Well, yesterday we had the internet checked out and it seems that the "upload" is slower then a snail's slow cousin....but we're getting it fixed in a few days, so......For now, here's an update on what's been going on and my current roommie analysis:

I have applied for employment at a temp agency, and now have to call in with my
availability and hopefully get some income. Tomorrow I have an
interview with a production company, possibly working on a TV show,
which would be really awesome. Don't know if they pay yet or not. I
just heard from another contact that he might have an oppurtunity for
me on a reality tv show, so we'll see what happens there. Basically,
I'm all of a sudden having people want me, and I don't know where to
go first. It's a very strange feeling, but I'm liking that I'm
currently in demand :-)


The weather has been VERY hot. Yesterday was about 106, and
tho it is dry heat, there is also no wind or shade to find relief in.
I had gone hiking with one of my roommates (Jason) that morning before it got
too hot, but even around 9 am it was starting to warm up! I like my
room cause I've got my air-conditioner, but it is only a "room AC," so
the main house is very hot, and we all try to avoid it.


My room is now fully decorated. I'm thinking of making a big collage for my walls as there
is a lot of dead space there. But over-all I'm really liking this place. It's old and creaky, but it has character. It does need a good mopping tho :-p


My roommates are all really great. Most everyone is new to
California, like me, so we are all supporting each other and are
getting to be friends. We've had a Jamba Juice night, group dinners at Islands and In&Out Burger, movie night where we saw Bourne Ultimatium, and Risk night where no one ever wins that game! LOL. I've also been able to get in touch with 2 guys I knew from Tech (Tim and Zee). They both live near-by and we all went for dinner and touristy sight-seeing stuff (we're tourists until we learn how to drive California style damnit :-p) I'm so relieved there are so many people I can get along with here. One of my biggest fears was that I wouldn't have any friends. And tho no one is yet as cool as any of you lovely ladies, at least I have people to hang out with and socialize!

Here is a current list of roommies (I will email a picture once I get the internet connection fixed to do so):


-Won- is 24, and just moved here from Korea. He is a freshman at
Glendale Community College (classes start today). His English is very
good, but he doesn't always understand slang and common sayings and
such.


-Alvin-is 20 and from Toronto. He is also going to Glendale Community
College with Won.


-Mr. Beorki- is in his 30's, from Africa, and is a proffesor at
Glendale Community College. He used to live in DC!


-Jason- is 28, and studied to be a history teacher before getting into
the machine business. He works on the machines and tools that help
upkeep planes and such.


-Nick- is 22 and a recent grad from UCLA. He currently works in the
collections office for Disney Corp. and is a really cool, laid-back
guy.


-Blythe- is 23 and just graduated from Penn State. She wants to be an
actress, but is currently working 2 retail jobs to pay the rent. A
pretty common thing around here.


That is my roomies so far. We have 2 more rooms available in the
house, so we'll see who else we get.

1 comment:

Kath said...

I love the sound of your house. Another week and you'll be in demand AND in the office :-) Hopefully this trend will continue for Em, Sarah, and I. Tell me more about CA, I'm greedy for info. What do the people look like (I saw lots of gorgeous wavey haired guys), what's the most popular weekend activity? Do people go to the beach a lot? When does it get cooler? Do palm trees ever lose their leaves? Is there an autumn? How many seasons are there? Do people put Christmas lights in the palm trees in Dec?

You post about CA and I'll post about my first autumn and first half of winter in WI.