AAAAcccckkkkkk >;-/ I'm having a bad technology day........
Seeing as I had the whole afternoon free, I decided I wanted to work on getting my cross-country pics organized and put together. I copy all the files from my camera to my external harddrive. Then I disconnect the camera, and seeing as the pics are on the computer, I delete them off the card. Makes sense, right? Well......I got to move the files into a single folder, but instead of clicking and dragging them, the mouse clicks and highlights a bunch of files I don't want. Instead of just clicking off and then re-highlihgting all 400 someodd pics, I decide to hit the Undo button. BIG MISTAKE!!! It decides to undo the entire import of all the pics! They are gone! Vanished! Disa-fucking-peared!!! I have tried re-doing the action, I've looked in my Trash Can, I've tried searching my entire hardrives.....no pics :-0
I've spent the last several hours trying to find a "free" photo recovery system. They have a dozen for Windows operating systems, but exactly zero for Mac....I'm running a demo of one now, to see if it really does recover photos off of the memory card. It seems to be working, but it cost $40 to buy. The pics are precious, but not that precious :-p I don't really know what to do now. I think I'm gonna give up for the night and come back to it in the morning. My eyes are crossing, my back is sore from sitting in this chair waaaaay to long, and I'm just plain tired......
Hope your days' were better then mine lovlies!
No comments:
Post a Comment