....to talk about, so little time. I got my first temp position and started working today! Thank goodness :-D I needed that boost of cofidence. I will be gainfully employeed until this Friday (9/14...so close to 13 :-) I'm temping at Disney, in the home entertainment marketing dept. Basically, they figure out what will make us buy tons and tons of their DVDs and BluRays. It's basic administrative stuff, and utterly boring, but I met some really cool and powerful people, so that was a bonus.
I also had another interview today with a very small production company. So small in fact, that they can only pay me as an intern, and basically I can live in squalor....If they offer it, I don't know if I'll take it. I'm gonna sleep on it, and hopefully get some feedback from fam and friends in the morning.
Cali has a weird working schedule. They start late in the mornings, around 9-10ish, and then go late into the evenings, around 6-7ish???? They are a very strange people. My theory for the late start is that most things (banks, insurance companies, etc) are all running on East Coast time, and that the West needs to give their people enough time in the mornings to deal with personal issues before they get locked down into work. Have no idea if that's true, so don't quote me on it....but it's my theory and I'm stickin' to it :-p My schedule at Disney is 9-6. I was sitting in my chair, very disheartned around 4:30, 5:00, 5:01, 5:02, 5:.......It was a looooong day!
1 comment:
Welcome back to the working world from One Who Does Not Work. My marketing class is about to start, but I think I'm going to sleep instead. Product markets be damned!
Post a Comment