Here is a short recap of a bunch of things that have happened since my last post :-p
1) Firday, 9/14- The whole house got together at a billards bar, and enjoyed Happy Hour and a lot of pool :-) Great fun was had, mostly cause everyone sucked evenly. LOL! This was followed by a nice guitar serenade back home (Jason was playing for Blythe and I :-)
2) I am continuing the job hunt. Have been on a few interviews, but no big bites yet. My roomie, Blythe, put it best this morning. "It's like dating all over again." It's sooooooo true. You go in, meet the person, talk for a bit, then they say "you're perfect and just what we're looking for, we'll give you a call....." and then they never CALL!!!!! WTF??? Have not given up faith yet, but really really just want to work damnit....
3) Today- Was both fun and wet :-p How you may ask? Well, I had gotten audience tickets to a new show that is kindof a spin-off of Dancing With the Stars. It's got 2 of the 3 Dancing judges (Bruno and Carrie-Ann). But instead of just dancing, it's dancing and singing compatition. This was a taping of the auditions. It started at 8:30 in the a.m. in Santa Monica, about 30 minutes drive :-0 We (me, Jason, and a VT friend Tim) made it there on time. However, because it had decided to rain in Southern California (doesn't the song go "it NEVER rains in Southern california????) the start was delayed as they tried to pump the water out of the flooded parking lot. We got breakfast at Bumbba Gump Shrimp Resturaunt :-) which was really yummy, and then went back to stand in line to get in. The show didn't start taping till about 10:30. It was fun. Bruno and Carrie-Ann were super funny, and the crew guys trying to get us warmed up and ready to clap were g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s men! Hubba-hubba ;-D The first half of the day was reserved for the dancing section, and they brought contestants on 10 at a time. All of the first 2 groups were elimanated, but by the 3rd group, some real talent was showing. Along with some striptease action.....one girl decided to get noticed by wearing nothing but bra and panties.....well she was noticed, however, she wasn't picked to come back for round two. After the 4th group, the sky decided to open up again and it POURED! And I mean rainned really really hard. They sheparded us in under these tents, and we were litterally sardines in a can. It was not comfortable at all. They were trying to save the show and hoping to wait out the rain, but when they realized that wasn't possible, they let us all go home.
Why couldn't we leave before you may ask??? Well, I went to this show so I could get VIP tickets to the real Dancing With the Stars :-) You had to stay till the end of the taping to get these VIP tix, so that meant living with the rain. The aweful thing was, that both I and Tim had brought umbrellas with us, but when we'd arrived in Santa Monica it was sunny and blue skies. We left the umbrellas in the car :-/ One fortunate thing about the rain, tho, was that the show's host, Drew Lachey (from 98 Degrees, and winner of Dancing With the Stars Season 2) did a little but for the camera of "Dancing in the Rain" :-P It was cute. I had also left my camera back at home cause I thought they might confiscate it at the taping. Stupid stupid stupid! But it'll be on TV. It was waaaay too good for them to edit it out.
4)-Tonight- I'm going to go LA clubbing for the first time :-D Wish me luck! LOL. I'm going with a different VT friend, Zee, to some of the clubs in downtown West Hollywood. I'll let you ladies know what I think tomorrow (or maybe in another week when I get around to posting again :-) I think it'll be fun!
2 comments:
OMG!!!! How fun!
and----GRRRRL I relate to the sucky job search----except for your dad's illustration gig--I am job less---(THANK YOU TAHNK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for sending me that info!!!!!)
WOW, That sounds like a BLAST! I rented a Best of Friends DVD over the weekend and it had pics of the audience before the show started, and that looks like SO MUCH FUN. You lucky duck. I'll be keeping my eyes open for the show!
Post a Comment