Saturday, July 28, 2007

YAY!!!

Celebrate! I have found a "job" LOL :-p It is as an Online Talent Scout. Basically, I'll be trying to recruit models, actors, etc. to an online talent agency ala Myspace for entertainment people only. It sounds really exciting, and my first training session is this Monday. I'm hoping to make this a part-time and find a real production job when I'm in LA (which I've sent about 30 resumes for in the last two days), but it does feel nice that someone wants me :-D

So...I never told you girls about last weekend. I went to Atlantic City with a bunch of people from work (it was a birthday party trip). There were 2 rooms (guys and gals) with about six people each! The trip up was the most exciting part. Normally it may take 2.5-3 hours to get from DC to AC. It took us 6 HOURS!!! All of Delaware was a t a stand still, and when we stopped at a rest stop for some food, it took us 30 minutes to get out of the parking lot. NO JOKE! LOL, it's funny now only because I it's finally over :-)

Anyway, once we were there, I spent my time following the guys around. Em would've been totally cool, Sarah would've be cracking crazy wild sex jokes right along with 'em, and Kath would've been mortified :-p hehehe. I wish you girls had been there. It was an awesome time. We started out in the casinos, playing the penny slots because you could lose almost no money and still get all the free drinks you wanted (sweet deal). We then hit up Hooters for dinner, where one of the guys decided he could chug an ENTIRE pitcher of Yengling (sp?) beer.....and he did! This was of course, after many drinks before, so you can guess what happened next. We spent about 30 minutes while he played in the sand like a two-year old, before we could get him up and walking (and he needed a guy on either side to support him). Since we were so far away from the hotel, we got one of those push-carts we had been making fun of earlier to push him home and we all walked behind. After we got him back to the room and he'd passed out we headed back to the casino. We hung for a bit, but the night was kinda over by then. The guys went to their room to crash, and the girls weren't back yet so I had that room to myself. It was 3 a.m. About 5, the girls came back and we all played switches for who was sleeping where, etc. I never did get back to sleep :-p

The morning was fun just because I had my first funnel cake ever! And it was yummy. Everyone agreed that Karen wa san evilstep-mother to never have bought me funnel cake before :-p

2 comments:

emyink said...

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

it just keeps getting MORE AND MORE exciting with you!! I am SOOOOOO happy for you lexie!
we are definitely going for lunch/dinner---if it means me skipping work we are going...lol

it sounds like you're definitely living it up before you move...lol
sooo hilarious
love the penny slots---all the fun--none of the risk...

Kath said...

THAT'S AWESOME!! GLAD TO HEAR IT!!

Things are getting exciting! It's falling into place! I'm psyched!