Thursday, July 12, 2007

Beep-beep-be-beep....This just in....

Well, the plans for finding a place to live have changed slightly. Karen has been in the hospital since Saturday with a clot in her left calf. They haven't yet found the "cause" but have got her on blood thinners, etc. and are supposed to release her today. The plan had been the dad and I would be out scouting places today - next Tuesday, but obviously with her in the hospital we've put that on hold. Now we are going to look at places August 2nd - ???. Hopefully, I'll sign the lease while out there and get ready for an early September move-in. Then it's just packing and driving out there :-)


I've been going between organizing all the files on my computer (deleting old stuff that's taking up space) and reading Harry Potter 6 today. I figured I should catch up on what happened in the last book before the newest one comes out. I saw the latest movie yesterday afternoon. It was an enjoyable movie and fun to watch, but didn't stick to the book completely. Which makes complete sense as you can't make a 500-something page book into a 2+ hour movie and get everything in there. For the time and media constraints of adapting a book into a movie, I think they did really well, and would recommend the movie for a fun time (just don't take it too seriously...ahm Katherine!).


I've also been trying to get a few more resumes out there, but my internet connection is running soooooooooo freakin SLOW today!!! We're finally upgrading to high speed internet next week (wa-hoooo). I've managed to send out several tho, including some to past VT alumni (who are the only ones who have responded that they received my info and were passing it on and will get back to me :-). Ugggg....I just feel really tired. Maybe it's been this aweful weather and this running back and forth with Karen, etc. Will invest in some pick-me-up coffee perhaps :p

1 comment:

Kath said...

Hey Lex, keep me updated about Karen. That's quite worrying, I hope she goes home today. How are her spirits (is she drinking any ;-P/Can she drink any)? Can you send me a copy of your CV? A lot of my job at the moment is going over top-level CVs, so I'm getting pretty good at spotting how to make one eye-catching in a good way. This is a long comment.

I like the subject title. It's awesome. Keep posting and keep me posted!