This is just something really interesting to me.
I was driving home from work today and listening to a Christmas song I had never heard before. It was all about Jesus being born to save us by dying for our sins...and it hit me. All my life I've been told (and just accepted) that Jesus's crucifixion had forgiven mans' sin. But does that make any sense???
I asked my dad this question when I got home and he said that the story goes that when Jesus was in the desert talking to God for 40 days, he made a pact with God that his death would be for mankind's forgiveness. I know I'm not very studied in my religion, but I do not remember ever hearing or reading about this! It was such a strange feeling when I was listening to this song and I realized I had never even questioned the idea of the crucifixion...hmmmmmmm....
4 comments:
in the beginning....lol
but seriously--there was a time when there was no sin, and after that was breached, there had to be a way to bridge the gap between God and Man--
So God who loved mankind to begin with (why else make us?) sent his own son to bridge that gap--as a sacrifice in our place. He alone atoned for ALL of our sins---It's grace...we totally don't deserve it, but He came anyway...it blows me away when I think about anyone dying for me....it's too much to comprehend...I even have a hard time comprehending my family helping me get a new car....but I know it's out of love---and multiply a families love infinitly--I guess that's God's love....
Em you are the coolest! I knew when I posted that you would have an amazing answer for me and I wasn't disappointed :-) We really really need to see eachother this weekend.
Fo shizzle :)
I'm counting on movie nite, some cocoa (if this damnable weather will EVER regulate) and some snackage :)
hows tonite lookin?
I'll call--(so glad u have a cell phone)
SO GLAD you guys are getting together, and hopefully the weather does lift. Lex, I've got no idea how to respond to the post except to say "I hear ya!" And even thinking about it for a while hasn't given me anything to post....
Post a Comment