Thursday, November 16, 2006

Workplace confusion

It's amazing to me how any business can run itself. I got a call today from a fellow employee (I didn't know him or anything), but he was asking me about what department handled automatic payments. He'd already called half the Credit Union, and he said I was his last hope. So, after running around asking every manager and assistant manager I could find.....low and behold....it was Member Services, the first department he had called and they said they didn't handle it. Now, to be fair to Member Services, he didn't ask the question very clearly and it took me a couple repeats to understand it myself, but really.....I've heard this same story many times, I've even been the one spam calling everyone on the phone list. If anyone knows how businesses don't just "collapse like a flan in a cupboard" please explain it to me! ....................................I've been planning this blogger rant since I was at work, but on a far far far cooler note, I'm chatting with KRISTEN :-D Yay for old college roomies!!!

2 comments:

Kath said...

What you don't know is that all employees at offices are something like emergency technicians. The business IS crashing, we're just pushing "eppie" and shouting "clear" before shocking it with the business paddles.

I think we should hand out morphine as well... to the employees, of course.

emyink said...

your member services sound like Admissions and Records at nova
they call us to term activate students, but uh....we don't do that---granted, alot of times the student has explained the situation poorly--but all A&R has to do is ask 1 or 2 questions, and BINGO! problem solved...
oy.