So, don't know if anyone out there is still reading, but after spending some time catching up on old blog entries, I'm going to do my best to actually start blogging on a regular basis again.
I've changed up the design template to make it new and fresh and am ready to go with my story from last night :)
So, last night Ashley and I went to Knott's Scary Farm for the Halloween Hauntfest....oooooooooooo :-p Tim was also supposed to go with us, but had a Director's Guild event to attend instead. It was alright though cause Ash and I had a great time. I drove down to meet her in Culver City where she was staying with some of her friends, Candy and Pete (very nice people). All 4 of us went out to a Thai resturaunt for dinner and it was actually rather yummy (not the biggest Thai food fan, but Pad Thai is hard to mess up). So after dinner we headed out into the yuckie misty rain, which LA has been experiencing for weeks now. We had been hopeful for a dry night, but no such luck. We made it down to Knott's Berry Farm and after a loooooong walk from our "preferred" (?) parking lot, we made it into the theme park. These guys go all the way freakin' out for Halloween!!!! It was AMZING! Characters walking around in costume and jumping out at you and having staring contests and making loud scary noises, etc. What fun :) There were 13 separate haunted mazes in the park and we managed to find all of them (with a lot of asking people for directions due to a poorly labeled map and dark rainy night making it hard to see). Some highlighted cool charactures/experiences:
-In asking for directions we can across a "helpful demon clown" who talked to us in the 'I've smoked 5 packs a day all my life' type voice. Never borke character. Great!
-In the Day of the Dead haunted house there was a group of three young boys in front of us and the ghouls were picking on them a lot. lol. One guy followed the oldest boy through the whole maze while they had a starring contest. We all applauded and high-fived him on the way out.
-After first arriving we saw a hybrid Freddie Kruger/Edward Scissorhands guy who followed us and kept trying to cut Ashley's hair while saying "uh-oh"
-Being the ONLY people in The Asylum maze and so being preyed on by every crazy person/character made that one the best of the night!
-Me seeing a large group of demons and walking around them instead of through them and then we were chased up the street by them after. lol
-Because it was raining and everyone was soaked we liked when the haunted maze was under cover. But many covers were just tarps with holes in them, which only made things worse. Ashley told one character to stay dry and he answered back "too late for that." Poor guy!
There were many more highlights I'm sure, but suffice to say we had an awesome time. I'm so glad Ashley was willing to go, as I've wanted to go for a long time but could not find anyone brave enough. When I told Jason this morning about my adventure he said he'd also been there and enjoyed it, but we need to check out the Haunted Queen Mary down in Long Beach. I had seen the website for that and was interested, but maybe next year. I've spent my fair share of $$$ on Halloween this year.
Speaking of $$$ on Halloween, I am still trying to figure out if I should dress up for the office Halloween party on Friday. We're doing a whole huge thing here at the office. However, I have no costume. I could:
A) Buy a flapper 1920's type outfit and be a flapper girl (with my short hair it's perfect)
B) Buy $50 white patten leather go-go boots that I will never wear again and be a 1960's Go-Go Dancer while using my vintage blue dress.
I like both these ideas but neither of the price tags. Who knows. I'm about to run out for lunch so maybe I'll swing by the vintage shop and look again. ::sigh::
Off for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment