Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Post #100

Woot....woot!
So, I remembered what it was that I was going to do and forgot about which I wrote about in my blog yesterday. It was to look up more information on the California mid-term elections. And oh boy. It's just a mess of craziness. At least now I have a grasp on all the Propositions I'm going to vote on and I know how I want to vote. But for the life of me I can't find any real/solid/relevent info on the people. Arg! I know why people don't vote or are so fed up with the system, it's just crazy. I had this debate with my dad this last weekend about how the government isn't for the people. He insists we the people are the government, but I don't believe that. Yes, we elect them, but the second they're there they don't give a flying crap about us and do whatever they want anyway. And no one knows cause no one understands what it is they're supposed to do. There is no such thing as "transperency" and if there were it's in so much legalize that no one can understand it. They do it on purpuse too, I know that. But I feel like such a bitter old person to be so pessimistic about the system (or maybe realistic). I'm a generally very posative and up person, but people en mass just frustrate me no end :/
Dad thinks my generation wants government to fix all our wrongs and support us, but that's not true at all. We want our government to fix itself so all the money we keep paying out goes to what it's supposed to (us and our society) instead of to line their own selfish pockets.
Wow! This turned into a political blog and it's so not where I was planning on going with it at all. One more week and I won't have to listen to any more political ads though, and that will be a major plus. (<-- see...posative :)

No comments: