Yeah, maybe I'm a bah-humbug Halloween person, but I decided not to waste $50 on white patten leather knee high go-go boots for Halloween this year. Really?! $50! If they were boots I could wear more then once, I'd understand and be first in line to buy as they are really hot boots and I like me some shoes ;-p but I'd only wear them once and then they'd gather dust. Plus, after talking to some co-workers around here I've discovered that Halloween dressing up is not a very big thing in the office. Apparently, neither is decorating a cube or participating in the pumpkin carving and dessert potluck events we're working so hard to put on. I don't think anyone is in the spirit this year. More then likely to do with the re-org, the new boss men, and the still suckie economy where we're told you can celebrate but only on your own dime.
It's not too much off me, cause I've never been a big Halloween girl anyway (much prefer Christmas!!!), but it's usually fun to see what others do with it. Oh well.
Speaking of Christmas, I honestly don't think I'm going to be able to make it home this year :( It's a horribly depressing thought as I've never ever missed a Christmas with my family. But there are reasons for not being able to make the trip cross-country:
1) My job and not having a lot of time off
2) Plane tickets are outragously expensive this year ($600ish for a long weekend)
3) Milo. I have no one to look after him and I don't know about boarding a kitty cat.
I'm sure as things get closer those plane ticket prices will go down, and my need to fly East will go up, so only time will tell if I'm going home this season. If not, I've been looking at fake trees for my apartment, as well as looking to decorate my walls and a need to invest in some throw pillows and an afgahan soon (it's getting chilly in LA).
No comments:
Post a Comment