It is sooooooooo freakin hot in July! Temp are averaging 100-110's and my car is on fire everytime I get in it :-o I even put up the sunshield and crack all 4 windows in an attempt to keep it decesent, but no such luck.
This Sunday I volunteered at the Glendale Humane Society. They have a lot of requirements for becoming a full flegged volunteer, including 2 orientations, 2 mentoring sessions, etc! It's crazy. and they only accept the first 20 applicants or so and only have applications quarterly. The whole thing is like applying for a job to be a volunteer. LOL. It seems a lot of places in LA are like this, so maybe it's a West Coast thing. It's certainly new to me where businesses in the East are begging for volunteers anytime. anyway, I've been through all but one of my mentor sessions, so I am free to sit and play with the kittens, but am not able to take out the dogs yet. So yesterday I sat and got lots of loving from some felines. They were all actually very nice. There was a new cat that liked to jump on my shoulders and eat my hair. This would be cute except that she has claws and my arms and shoulder have quite a few red marks now :-o There was another cat that loved to get right up in your face and stare you in the eyes! hehehehe. And a little black kitty that was the most uncordinated cat I've ever seen. He kept jumping up on the playing gym and then losing his balance and tumbling down. He wasn't hurt, just clumsy.
I did make the unfortunate choice to bring a reading book with me. This was a borrowed book, and one of the hair eating cat (Jordan) wasn't happy I was reading and not petting her. She jumped on the book and her claw got caught on the pages and tore a chunk out! No words were lost, and I taped back in the paper, but I'm nervous for when my roommate returns and I have to explain why there is tape in her book :-/
No comments:
Post a Comment