Thursday, July 23, 2009

Elevator madness!

As I said in the post below, I'm working at Disney this week. I work on the 1st floor, but every night I have to go up to the 4th floor to get my parking valiadated before I leave. So, I go to the lobby and hit the elevator call button. The thing takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r to get down to the 1st floor, and when it does out pop a whole bunch of people. So I get in, alone, as I'm the only one going upstairs. The doors "try to close, but really the outside door has like a one inch gap and the inside door has like a one foot gap. I try the "door close" button and the alarm goes off (very annoying loud screeching sound). Starting to panic, I push the "door open" button and nothing happens :o I can see in the lobby through my little gap that the security officer is staring curiously at me. Duh, honey, I need some help here. She eventually comes over and we get the doors to open by her pushing the call button. Suffice to say....I took the stairs! lol.
People were waiting for the elevator on other floors and were all pretty disappointed when I told them it was broken and that it tried to eat me ;p
Another random work incident happened on my lunch break. I had just finished my lunch and was walking back to work via a residental neighborhood. I was the only one out side as it was very very hot out. Or at least I was the only person. While walking along I came across a homeless man with a guitar. He was just randomly strumming away, but when he saw me he decided to improv a song for me. I was embarassed and didn't know what to do so I just kept walking and tried to avoid eye contact. As I passed and he realized I wasn't paying attention he started singing "she just won't look at me" over and over again :o It was a very strange lunch break.

3 comments:

emyink said...

Lexie! I have missed your blogs sooooo much...
I can understand tho...why you may have been absent...if every day is like this one, you may be a bit preoccupied! :")
I hope you don't get stuck in an elevator again unless it's with a realllllllly hot guy who falls madly in love with you ;)
Post more! This was FABulous!

Kath said...

LOL, I like the guy strumming the song. He sounds creepy yet story worthy.

I've decided we can expect more posts from you in the future :-) You've got to start writing again.

Lexie said...

YAY! Am def. looking to get back into Blogger. Same goes for you lovlie ladies :)