Wednesday, August 5, 2009

COCKROACH!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! There were 2 - yes 2 - cockroaches on the stairs leading to my room last night. One was a dead, yuckie bug and the other was very very much alive. After staying frozen on the steps for a good 5 minutes, "I said screw you bug, it's late, I want to go read my Harry Potter book and go to sleep." The cockroach was not impressed with me.
I waited till he was in a corner, and went to go and 'gracefully hop' over the step the bug was residing. But holy mother cow when I made my move the freakin' cockroach charged me and after a pathetic amount of screaming and jumping up all the stairs at once I was safely up the stairs and my heart was still somewhere pounding it's way out of my chest :-o
I wrote my landlords that night about calling an exterminator, cause I am not not NOT dealing with roaches (on top of our resident no-longer-baby skunks!) We never had these problems last summer. I don't know what's going on with the pest population this year.
On a less terrifying note, for those that don't know, I am working as a Logger on the new reality series The Marriage Ref. It is coming out on NBC in January of 2010 and is produced by Jerry Seinfield. It's been a lot of fun, but crazy amounts of work, as it's 10 hours a day and has been averaging 6 days a week. Wheeeeeee! J/K :-p But basically, I and one other logger, Dan, are reviewing all the casting tapes for applicants and then logging them for the editors (a.k.a summarizing the tapes and picking out good stuff they can actually use). But this is going to be pretty steady through October or November, so I'm quite excited. And they're flexible for giving me off the time I need in September (The Great California Adventure) and in October (The Wedding Event). Can't find a better job then steady but still flexible :-)

3 comments:

emyink said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!
I hate roaches SOOO much!
You're so brave lexie!
I was in Savannah once on a mission trip, and there were a bunch of Canadians there with their youth group--they'd never seen rouches, so we told them they were La Coucarachas, and they were deadly...
I just KNOW that is why now they're all around my building...lol
God is punishing me for being mean!
haha.
The are so sick when you step on them with their creepy white blood...
some of them are so huge...they are like, 3 inches long...
those ones I just run away from and hope they don't grow bigger and eat me!

Lexie said...

hahahaha. The roach bad karma is coming after you Emy! yuck! They truly are discusting. We're planting roach killers around the house today in hopes they won't turn mutant on us and carry me away in my sleep :-o

Kath said...

No new updates? It's Sept, time for another round :-)