Totally geeked out today ;-p LOL!
I went to Star Trek The Tour in Long Beach this morning. It was amazing fun for a trekkie geek such as myself. Unfortunately, I don't have anyone to go with out here (Blythe was a trekkie, but she moved back home :-/) Ah, well.
The event was really fun. It is a traveling show that over the next 2 years will visit 40 cities. Long Beach was it's first stop. It was a huge galleria of sets, props, costumes, models, sketches, bios, etc. from over 40 years of TV and movie history. They had documentaries on all the behind-the-scenes special effects, set building, costume and make-up design. Also on Gene Roddenbury and how he came up with the show. I had no idea he was an Army pilot in WW2 and then a commercial pilot for several years before he quit to go into writing. I wish now I'd gotten the audio tour cause I probably would have learned even more fun facts and trivia, but I'll suffice with my reading and listening to others talk about their audio tour facts (apparently Janeway was named after a feminist author by the name of Janeway!) ;-p
They also had a bunch of interactive stuff where you could sit on the bridge, or be inserted into an episode, or be transported, or go in a shuttle simulator and fight the Borg. I only did the shuttle simulator, cause the other stuff was expensive, but I went upside-down and everything :-D Had I known this before, I probably would have chickened out, but I had run to the back first thing to beat all the lines for the simulator and so hadn't gotten to watch what the ride involved. There was also a short "movie" in an interactive theater which was pretty cool too. It was an awesome day!
I even hit up the shop for this little guy....ain't he cute???? ;-p
3 comments:
woo--that looks like so much fun
I'm not a huge trekkie (I like the original ones, but kinda lost touch with it)
but it still seems neat to me---esp the tour--
btw---i LOVE the bear pic---the pix behind it are so sweet too :)
(I'm biased tho...lol)
btw---I watched My Dad is Better Than Your Dad--it was so cute---I esp liked the WORLDS LARGEST VELCRO WALL! did you get to try it? lol...I watched the credits 15 times in slo mo, but i didn't see your name...then I thought maybe it was 'cuz u were a temp---am I right? ne way---I still think you are what made he show great :)
There were a TON of Production assistants. I'm thinking that they may rotate the names out in the credits, but there was never any guarantee that I'd get credit :-/ Keep looking, but I may not show up there.
The Velcro Wall was the best. I almost got the chance to try when they were first setting it up and testing it, but I was a coward and I think they may have been kidding. It was about midnight and they were testing how tough the game would be. It does look like fun tho ;-P
Post a Comment