So, it's been quite a while since I've posted. A ton of things have happened, but I just haven't had the time to write it all down. I'm currently on a temp assignment with Disney company, and it's getting extended :-)
Funny story about this Disney building. The elevators here are s-u-p-e-r sloooooooooow! In fact, this morning, one of them was broken and attempting to open on the 1st floor but having severe difficulty. Anyway, I decided I'd take the stairs to go outside for my lunch break (there is a lovely park I go and walk around). I hit up the stairwell, and this place is freaky. White-washed walls and railings, flickering florescent bulbs, the works...I mean I should have known something was wrong with this stairwell. I go down to the 1st floor and find that the door is locked. Locked??? What if there's a fire and people need to get out? Oh well, I'll go up to the 2nd floor and use the non-creepy stairwell. Locked! 3rd floor...locked! 4th floor (and last floor)....locked!!! I'm trapped in this stairwell from hell :-o So i do the only thing I can think of, I start pounding on the door and hoping someone will hear me. Lucky me, someone did, and I was let out. I've decided I don't like this building very much ;-p
And now a story about walking to this lovely park right by my work. I walk there every lunch break cause it's a great place with people running, walking dogs, reading books, and just being cool. And the walk to get there is through a very nice neighborhood with pretty houses and apartment buildings. Anyway....strolling along, in the lovely 70 degree weather (ha-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaaaaaa, Cali rules) and this cute guy on a motorcycle stops to talk to me ;-p hehehehe, fun times! His names Rasheed, and we chatted a bit and exchanged cell #s, it was random.
My stories are being told very badly right now. I'm at work and typing really fast, so maybe that's why there doesn't seem to be an substance today. Sorry if I'm being vague and unspecific.....
I've also decided to join the Sierra Club out here in LA. They do hikes, and other camping/wine tasting/etc. trips, and I've decided I want to get out and see LA and meet some new people. I've only been on one hike, but it was super fun and I'll post some pics next time (they're on my home computer). I was supposed to go on a hike last Saturday, but it was rainy and miserable, so I just stayed in instead.
I did get to try Tapas food (is it ta-pas or tap-as(s) hehehehe, watch IT Crowd to find out!) It was last week when I went on a date with this guy from the Sierra Club hike. It wasn't the best date, but Tapas food is actually really good. It's a variety of Spanish dishes that you order and then share. Another cool thing was that he leant me his copy of "Good Omens" by Terry Pratchet and Neil G. (don't know how to spell his last name). It's rip-roaring funny so far, and I'm through the first few chapters.
These are the things I can think of right now :-) I'll try to post some pics soon, but probably not till the weekend (I avoid my computer like the plauge at night cause I've been staring at it for 9 hours at work)!
1 comment:
hey hey now girl! way to get out and play the feild! You heartbreaker you...Details...i deed more details! (what do these young men look like?)
tee hee--you send a girl to CA and she gets all cosmo on us :)
Post a Comment