Wednesday, February 13, 2008

LOL

I should have said this outloud at the time, but it only came to me later :-)

Yesterday after work, I decided to go grocery shopping because my only food options at home included soup and ramen noodles! I went and bought everything on my list and was at the checkout when the guy ringing me up tries scanning the dozen eggs I'm buying. For some reason, the eggs won't scan and so he says, very loudly mind you, "these are $2.69....they won't ring up, they're $2.69, I'm just going to put in $2.69...." While he is explaining why eggs cost...how much....$2.69...???? (LOL) he's waving the eggs about in the air and I can hear them hitting around and I just know they're going to fly out of the carten or break or something. Now....what I should have told him but didn't think of until I was already in the parking lot....

"I don't care how much they cost, just stop shaking my eggs!!!" ;-p

He was a sweet enough guy, but after my long day of work (my feet were really hurting in my nice shoes) I really just wanted him to shut up and not break my fragile eggs damnit. hehehehehe.

3 comments:

Kath said...

Ah, you just should have taken the eggs and hit them over the head with them. Then look into his eyes (partially covered with egg yolk, I know) and say "Stop shaking my eggs! You'll break them!" and walk out...

...hehehe.

I really shouldn't read funny posts in public. It makes me laugh too loud :-P

Lexie said...

hahahaha. and for the dramatic effect, i'd walk out without paying for my stuff ;-p

emyink said...

for the dramtic effect I think you should have paid for them and then walked back and thrown them at him.
But then I guess you would have not had eggs anymore...