Sunday, June 3, 2007

Randomness

Just an update on what I'm doing. I've been at the job search in force for about 2 weeks now. No luck yet on anything :-/ It's a much more successful stratagy when you can go and hand your application over personally and can then easily follow-up with the employeer, but the jobs I'm applying for are in different states, which makes this option very difficult. Another difficulty...location, location, location! Right now, I have 4 location options. 1) Stay in NOVA, 2) Virginia Beach, 3)Florida, or 4) California. hmmmmmmmmmmm.

In other news, I just had a GREAT weekend with my brother. He came up last night and we had a West Wing marathon and pigged out on pizza :-) Today, we drove up to Philly to help celebrate my Granddad's 80th birthday! The devil puppies had gone to the "spa" (aka the kennel) for the weekend, so we had some much needed, if not erie, peace and quite for the whole weekend :-)

Along with the job search, I'm also helping my dad make a commercial for his latest venture. Check out www.forthetroopsonline.com! It's an awesome project, and best of all, I get to be in it. Totally cool! (yay for !!!!!!!) :-p

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey! GOL-LY you are busy! With all the things you're doing I'm amazed you're still up in the morning and ready to go... Move to WI and we can go parka shopping together in the fall and prepare for arctic winters huddled around bus stops... that doesn't sound very nice... we can... um... enjoy the sub zero temperatures from a... nice cabin... in the woods... with heating!... and a fireplace... it'd be great!

(This is Kath, btw, not Sarah...)

emyink said...

OMG---don't go over to the dark side there Lex!
no matter WHAT she says---the snow is NOT warmer in WI...lol
hehehehehe
but it sounds like we may need to strategize together---I need to get a job closeby as well...we should have an old fashioned application party!

Sarah said...

She lies. That WAS me.

And I'm sorry I'm having a hard time focusing because of your email! AHHHHHHHHHH EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

-S, ahem

emyink said...

I'm so confused...Sarah, this is not an episode of Scooby Doo...("I would've gotten away with it if it weren't for those blasted God and Jesus fellows..."


I love Eddie Izzard...

Sarah said...

Who doesn't <3 Eddie. Well bigots and earthworms I suppose, but that's only because neither have the mental capacity.

The reason for this comment is to register with Lex how hungry I am for a new post. So post, Lex! <3

-S

Kath said...

I arrived here in hopes of a new posted. I was sorely disappointed. You should make it up with TWO new posts!