Thursday, June 28, 2007

Fun with Cops

Here's a good ol' fashioned NOVA driving story for ya!
I was cruising along 495, on my way home from work last Monday, and right before the Braddock Road exit was this asshole who dared to be going the actual speed limit. Yes, I know, CRAZY!!! :p Anyway, the exit wasn't for another mile, so I decided I'd just cut around him. Yeah, as I'm switching back into the right lane ahead of him, I realize why he's going so slow. There's an undercover cop on the shoulder, and as I look in my rearview, he puts on the lights and trys to get into traffic. SHIT! I was sooooooo screwed.....But lucky for me, a whole long line of cars were stuck behind said slow-poke, and so the cop couldn't pull out into traffic :p I guess he figured I wasn't worth it (only going about 5 mph over the limit anyway, right?) because he gave up and I slowly drove home, cursing myself for being so stupid the whole way.

5 comments:

emyink said...

You know---people need to realize----cops are FAR too c oncerned with finding the next Krispy Kreme than catching them going 5 over the speed limit....I mean---if you're bobbing through 6 or 7 lanes of traffic in a Ferrari, maybe you've gotta watch out, but if you're driving a Buick going 60 in a 55, chances are, a cop is not even gonna notice you......especially if those glazed babies are calling his name.....
MMMMMMMMMM......Donuts.....

Sarah said...

OMG, what a close call! And I thought I'd had some close ones!

Glad you didn't get a ticket.

Mmmm donuts indeed.

-S

Kath said...

I'm going to have to keep a box of Krisy Kremes with me when driving, if a cop starts to pull out, I'll throw them out the window in hopes he'll go after those instead of me.

Lex, you have to drive with me in the future. You'll be my good luck charm :-D

Lexie said...

I'm so going to try the Krispy Kreme decoy now! LOL :-) Now I'm hungry....

emyink said...

HAHAHHAAHA--I have a WONDERFUL mental image of Kath throwing donuts at cops.....hahahaha---and donuts flying at the cops-on-motorbikes.....omg....stomach hurt from laughing....