My posts have been long and far between. I just didn't feel like I had much to post about, even tho a TON of stuff has happened recently. Maybe I'm just tired. I've been coming home and crashing for several hours almost every night this last week.
So, what's new? I've got my plans mostly figured out for this move.
-My last day of work is July 6th. Everyone keeps saying they hate that I'm leaving, but they're all SUPER excited I'm going to LA and they want constant updates from me too :-) I've been asked to remeber "the little people" for movie roles and saying hi to various famous people. LOL. I'm gonna miss these people soooooooo much!
- I'm going to LA from July 12-16th to apartment/roommate hunt with my dad. My folks want to be sure I'm not going out there just to live in my car or something :P Em has been nice enough to give me the name and contact info of her future sister-in-law, who I still need to get in touch with. Any other suggestions or connections you girls have for finding a decent place to live would be super helpful. Kath, how did you find your room?
-If all goes well with the room hunt, the plan is to drive cross-country (with my dad again, cause no one should go cross-country alone) in late July-early August. This may or may not be pushed back to the end of August-early September, tho. I'm still not clear on that one.
-I've been sending out resumes and cover letters like a mad woman, but have not yet heard any responses. I'm going to keep trying, but may need to change my stratagy a bit. I'm going to try sprucing up my resume again and maybe spending some more time looking for a temp agency like Kath suggested. Any other job-hunting techniques would be appreciated too!
Besides all this fun-ness :P, I had an AWESOME/AMAZING time yesterday with Emily and Dave! It was my company picnic at Six Flags, and so the 3 of us went and proceeded to try and make ourselves hurl on various rides. I even went on a rollercoaster :0 Shock of shocks.....It was a great time! Sorry there are no pics, but the camera would have NEVER survived the soaking we all got going down the floom ride.
After that, I got to meet some of their friends, Dan, Laura, Eric, and Ilean (did I spell that right?). It's cool, because Em and Dave actually met through Laura. Laura used to work with Emily at the NOVA help desk, but now works IT at Dave's company in DC :-) How cool! I got to watch Guitar Heroes, and now definately want to try it (tho in the Easy setting, I'm thinking :-), and once everyone was there, we all played Trivial Pursuit. Girls vs. Guys, and we kicked total guy butt (even if we don't know what city the Blue Jays are from)! LOL.
I miss you Kath and Sarah! I wish you guys were here something aweful. And I'm really gonna miss Em and Dave when I leave! You two are the best :-) There is sooooooo much to do, and time is just flying by like it's late for an appointment or something. It doesn't even feel like this year has really happened, and it's already half over! WOW.
4 comments:
Wait! Put everything on hold! I'm going to get tickets that fly out from Heathrow to the States tomorrow!! ...or, maybe not... but I'm going to wish I was there with you because everything sounds ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Bring a camera next time! I'll get a waterproof one for you... ;-)
Also, delay until August/September, I'll take off school and drive out with you.
I also found my apt on craigslist (and you should be in good order to find something out in LA on that site...)
Craigslist is the way to go---just don't trust any apartment that says there may be *surveilance* and wants "cute co-eds who don't mind getting frisky"....you might just be walking into an "adult" video shoot.....lol
Post a Comment