I've been running around all week, yet it seems I really haven't accomplished all that much. It's a strange feeling... Mostly I've been running around in my own head and having deep thoughts that keep me up at night (not such a great thing when you wake up at 6 for work!). What are these deep thoughts you ask??? They're me trying to figure out what I want to do with myself for the rest of my life. Here is a summary of the directions I could picture myself going:
1) Become a Teacher- I could be really good at this job. I like kids and I like teaching them new things (aka I think I could be good at it). My mom is a teacher and is really for this idea ;-P The whole having the summers off thing is great too. I would have to go to Grad School for this, but it seems all my choices involve some kind of extended education.
2) Become a Vet/Marine Biologist - This is the first job I can remember ever wanting to have and the desire hasn't really ever gone away, it's just been buried by all the crap I got from a lot of my science classes that kinda turned me off the path. Animals are my passion and being able to study and care for them would be an amazing job that I would totally love. This requires going back to school too...a LOT of school!
3) Sell Real estate - and you may wonder where that one came from (LOL) But really, I think I could really really like selling houses (really :-). It's a tough market and a tough challenge, and I like that. I'd basically be working for myself and I like that too. The money is definitely good if I'm successful, and I'd be able to help put in one of the biggest purchases they will ever make in their lives. More school here, are you seeing a pattern yet?
4) Work in Film in LA - This is what I went to school for and something I LOVE to do! But I'm not sure if film is something I want in my life as a hobby or a career, and that frustrates me. It's tough in LA, and it's far away, but while both those things are kind of negative, they are also the challenge I keep saying I'm looking for. This choice stumps me, cause I used to be so sure it was what I wanted, but now I have doubts. No more schooling for this one tho :-)
5) Join the Peace Corp- This option has a lot of perks. Mostly in the getting to travel to other places and really help in making a difference. Here I could do many things mentioned above that I like (i.e. teach, work on documentary film). It's a tough life tho, and you really have to be committed for it. It's a new idea for me, and I need to look into more before I can give a good pro and con.
And that's not even a complete list of all my head ramblings :-D (oh, and note, they are in no particular order either) My family likes to tell me that I have plenty of time and not to rush things. And they are probably right, I do have a lot of time, but I feel like I'm treading water here at home and I DON'T like that feeling. Home is safe, secure, familiar, and BORING! I'm scared of getting stuck and doing nothing. But it's hard to break out when you don't know which direction you're going yet. At least I'm making progress tho. Deep calming breaths...mostly cause work starts in 9 minutes :-/...
2 comments:
Deep Calming Breaths, a trip to Wisconsin, some good coffee, a large blank sheet of paper to track ideas on, and a decision to go with one thing. That'll help, I think.
Whatever you choose, I believe you'll make it work for you. If you wind up not liking it, you aren't required to stick to it for life, and I think you've got the stregth to change your mind.
OMIGOSH---I LOVE--ALL your Ideas---Highlight esp. tho, Peace corps, if you have school debts---and beacuse they do AMAZING things!!! And Film in LA---HellOOOOOOO take me with you! I'll live in your suitcase--for real!
You---makin movies---it's brilliant.
You must start a revolution for better movies---you and Sofia Coppola :)
Post a Comment