I do have somewhat exciting news :) I've landed an independent contractor job!!!! aaaaiiiiiieeeeeeeeee :)
It is working for a property management company and I will be called a Site Rep. Basically, this company (Real to Reel) own a bunch of properties throughout LA, and big productions like Scrubs and CSI, etc. use these locations as sets. My job as a Site Rep. is to help out the production company when they are scouting the locations and also to help out during actual production and making sure that the property isn't damaged and everything runs smoothly. It's intimidating and exciting at the same time......It's only a contract job, which means it's not full time at all, no benefits, and they don't even take out any taxes. I'll get a 1099 at the end of the year and have to file/pay my taxes in April. This is something very new and different for me!
This job is not the same interview I had mentioned in the previous post. That was something else entirely, but unfortunately I never heard back on that one :/ But things happen for a reason, and now I'm going to get to work on professional production sets AND I'm actually going to have some authority behind me...........(translation: I'M TERRIFIED!!!!!!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeee...)
So far I've been through the orientation and will now start training with and shadowing other Site Reps and just learning at break-neck speed.
1 comment:
OMG Lex you haven't posted since November 2008! I want a 2009 post darling!
Go on, get! ;)
Sx
Post a Comment