Sunday, June 1, 2008

I'm still alive.....

.....really ;-p

I've just been having a busy go at it for the last few months. I've just ended a temp job at Disney that lasted for about 4 months. I'm going to miss it, but am excited to be moving on. Now....if I could only find a full-time job :-) I'm working on that, and actually have an interview tomorrow afternoon. With Disney, but this time for a full-time position, so I'm excited about that.

I spent 2 weekends working on-set for an Indie comedy short. That was a ton of fun, and it felt good to be back out and working on creative stuff again instead of in the office answering phones.

(P.S. don't know why, but my keyboard keys are sticking and making for a lot of spelling mistakes that are time consuming to correct ;-p)

I have gone to see several of the "blockbuster" movies in the last few weeks, including Ironman and Indiana Jones. I must say that I'm quite disappointed with the quality of Hollywood right now. If this is the caliber of writing happening today, then the writers had no right to strike for a freaking 100 days just for more money. I know that sounds awful, but I'm just very disappointed that "entertainment" today is about CGI effects, big explosions, car chases, and little to absolutely no substance. Yes, visually it is exciting to see those cool things, but it is also ridiculous, boring, and pointless when done to extremes as it seemed to be in these movies. I feel bad for saying it, because it's Hollywood that I came out here to break into, but they really need to get their head back into the game here and start putting out a bit of quality again. I'm really worried for the future of film and TV if they don't, it's already fallen so low.

On a brighter side, seeing the new Indy has inspired me to bye the original trilogy from Target yesterday :-) So I guess they got even more money off of me! hehehehehe.

I've also been having a lot of philosophical talks this weekend for some reason. I talked to my parents about relationships, my best friend about politics, and my roommate about religion (and this was only yesterday!!!!). Must be in an introspective mood for some reason :-)

2 comments:

Kath said...

That is SO weird, I talked to MY best friend about politics over the weekend too!

Also, if you're depressed about Hollywood, you must check out Anne of Green Gables. :-P I'll be amazed if I ever stop talking about that movie...

Kath said...

GREAT NEWS! It's on YouTube!