So, I know it's been a super long time since I updated with an actual update. LOL. Sorry about that Blog-verse. Things have not only been super crazy busy at work, but some stuff was and some stuff still is confidential and so not for public consumption. But here is a recap of some stuff I am allowed to say has been going on.
I now am in charge of 3 executives. Still mainly Jason, but now Maury has been promoted to VP so I have him, and we have a new VP, Kyle, who I also support. It's triple the fun ;-p It has been a crazy transition from 1 to 3 execs, but it has been a little over a month now and I think I'm slowly getting into the groove. It's a lot of work trying to juggle 3 calendars, 3 expenses (+ mine for 4), 3 traveling schedules, requests, etc. Throw in that Kyle is brand new and all the on-boarding hoopla and you can see why I've been too busy to write. I like it, but it can definitely be insane sometimes when they all need something huge done "now"!
While I have been adapting to my new role, things in everyone else's worlds are changing too. People re-orging under new bosses, people leaving, people coming, teams going every which way. It's been interesting to say the least. Dad is all excited that I am "seeing this first hand and getting my education." It's an education all right!
Speaking of dad, Rocket Science is really, really taking off :-D Dad says authors are coming out of the woodwork, Stanley and Norman book sales and school tours are through the roof, and he has now officially hired Dani, Jennifer, and Merry as part time contractors. Dani is working on marketing/promotion for the S&N school tour and also for promoting RSP as a publisher, Jen is now doing the printing and mailing of all the S&N letters to schools, and Merry is now going to be able to devote her full attention to graphic designing. I, of course, am not officially on the payroll as they say, but I am working on my own project in setting up a Cafe Press store for S&N merchandise. We'll see how that turns out. ::cross fingers::
Dad is currently on a school tour in Phoenix, and since this weekend is President's Day and a 3-day weekend, he is flying out to LA tonight and we are going down to San Diego!!! Saturday will be a day at San Diego Zoo and Sunday we're going to Sea World. Best part about Sea World? I'm going to swim with the dolphins!!!!! (and it only cost me $190 :-o) I can't wait for Sunday! It does suck cause it says that it's actually going to rain all weekend, and compared to past weekends, it's rather chilly. Booooooooo Southern California, come on and get it together..... :-/ Monday we'll be driving back up to LA and will meet up with Mandy Pauline as dad wants to get her on the "payroll" too as a marketer for RSP publishing.
Milo is doing very well. He has official really bonded with me now. At night he likes to sleep up by my head, and when I get home from work he likes to cuddle right up next to me and engage in a kitty starring contest!!! lol. The other night, he decided he wanted to "talk" with me at about 3am. When I wasn't interested, he then decided he'd like to groom me and started licking my hair, my face, and my fingers. Silly cat....sometimes annoying, but you gotta admit always cute! I hope he doesn't get jealous of dad being here again and start marking his territory. Last time dad visited, Milo decided he would go on a pee parade around my apartment :( We're leaving him for 2.5 days for the weekend in San Diego, so I hope he does alright with that too. Guess I will find out.
Discovered a new British show that I am in love with (naturally ;-p). It is a spin off of Dr. Who and is called Tourchwood. It actually took me a while to like this one (until the second season) but it's very good, and you gotta love those Brits....or in this case the Welsh as it takes place in Cardiff. Also gotta love Netflix for giving me the chance to see this show via streaming. Thank you Netflix!
That's all the update I really have for now I guess. Will try to get up pics and video of my swim with the dolphins after this weekend. Soooooo stoked! And also can't wait till end of March for my trip to Disney World with Frank and fam :-D
No comments:
Post a Comment