Tuesday, January 11, 2011

So sore :*(

Ouch! It about sums up how my body feels today :*(

So, in starting my New Years resolution to get back in shape and lose 50lbs (hopefully by June) I went to "Sunrise Boot Camp" at the local YMCA yesterday morning. By sunrise, they mean 6:15am! That wasn't the worst part though. lol. I did great for the first 15 minutes or so, but then my endurance, which has never been very high, completely ran out. I made it through the whole hour but had to do "cheat" exercises and such. So disappointed :-/ But I am going to stick with it and I'm going to kick my butt into shape....even if my body protests loudly to me.....which it is.

I decided to go with the YMCA for a few reasons. I first checked out the World's Gym that is closer to me but found that their fees were $50 a month and they had the "you can never stop us billing you no matter what" contracts you need to sign. Big turnoff. Plus, the fee was only for using equipment. They did not have any classes or anything other then machines. I then went to check out the YMCA and there fee was only $40 a month, no contract, tons of classes, machines, and a pool all included. Very sweet. Plus, I'm currently on the 7 day free trial period, so I get to check it all out. Pretty much decided to join though. It is very small, but also very nice and doesn't seem to be overly crowded which is a plus in not having to wait for machines.

I have looked at the class schedule and found I can do cardio style classes Monday, Wednesday, Friday and yoga style classes on Tuesday and Thursday. The plan was/is to do yoga tonight, but considering I can barely even walk I don't know if it will do more harm then good. I'm thinking more harm. I am out of shape and need to approach this as a newbie again. I think it's best if I go home and stretch on my own and hydrate and then pick up boot camp again tomorrow morning. But I will work myself into getting there every day in the hopefully near future. I actually want to do a 6 day workout week (with Sunday off).

On the diet front I am doing quite well. I went grocery shopping and bought a ton of fruit and nuts and soups and such. No pasta at all! I have started to pack my lunches (a sandwich and some fruit) which will save me money and calories. I think combined I will be able to meet my weight goal fairly easily. I look at pictures from 3 years ago and can't believe how much I've changed. It's time to go back and I am determined!

On the work front, the pace has finally returned back to normal after the holidays. YAY! Plus, my raise takes affect this week which means a bigger paycheck. DOUBLE YAY! I'm still loving Disney and am actually going to get the chance soon to shadow some of the Photo Department associates when they do a print shoot later this month. Excited for that. Changes are still coming and rumors fly, but so far nothing drastic has occurred yet. It's more wait and see I suppose.

In cool technology news (a.k.a. I love my coolest daddy in the world) my Epiphany present from him was a Roku box and a Netflix subscription :-) Now, I can watch movies from my wi-fi Internet directly on my 46" flat screen (also from my super cool daddy) instantly. It's all very cool! Plus, I was able to set it up myself which was impressive if I do say so.

My second cool techie thing is my Kindle which I'm really loving. Another of my resolutions is to be more well read and my Kindle is gonna help me. Currently I am reading my first e-book, The Handmaid's Tale. I'd say the book is interesting so far. Not as good as I imagined in my head it would be. The author likes to jump around in the narrative a lot and the punctuation is strange which makes it a hard read. But I like the who "bad utopia" feel to the story.

Oh....and in final YIPEE news....Medco finally figured out what prescription I wanted/needed and has the order and is processing it now. F-i-n-a-l-l-y! I think it should come just in time before my last pill runs out of my trial pack.

No comments: