hehehehehe. Just doesn't sound the same as Manic Monday. But boy is today a whirlwind. For several reasons, most of which I can't write up here yet cause it hasn't been officially announced at work. But yeah, manic.
So, I haven't been very good about posting this new year have I? I will try to do better. This last weekend was a long weekend due to Martin Luther King holiday, so that was enjoyable. Also nice was the fact that it was 80 degrees all weekend long!!! It was lovely :) And what did I do with my lovely weekend.....:
Saturday - I went and did a double feature movie. So, here is the story. I have wanted to see Black Swan for some time. I have these movie coupons to AMC. So I drive to Glendale imagining that the theater at The Americana is an AMC. Nope, sorry, Pacific Theaters :-( Bummer. So I call up dad and have him go on moviefone to find me the times for Black Swan at the Burbank AMC (which I am def. sure is an AMC :) Got the movie times, but have time to kill beforehand. So I go and fill up on gas, etc. and yawza did the price skyrocket or what. $3.43 for regular! (I'm sure in a few years that will look cheap, but it's not considering it's winter not summer). Anyway, make it to Burbank and the fight for a parking space in the way too small parking garage. Still have some time to kill so hit up the Chipotle next door to the theater (YUM!). Then it's movie time.
Black Swan - Wow! Don't know if it's a good wow or a bad wow, it's just wow. That movie is intense out the wazoo! Natalie Portman is a-m-a-z-i-n-g naturally and the story is great and the editing is great and the music is great....it's all great. But boy, what a psychological trip. Lots of parts had me covering my eyes scared, and I'm a pretty movie jaded person. Well, well done movie.
Then, I did a no no and went in to see True Grit which was just starting in the next theater.
True Grit - Major gritty Western. Also a wow movie. It actually had a lot of fun lines and dialogue in there and it seemed to do well at representing the time period (late 1800's after the Civil War). The girl, Hailee Steinfeld, was spectacular in it. And naturally Matt Damon and Jeff Bridges were equally good. It was quite violent in a very dark way and that was a bit shocking to me. But it was still a good movie overall.
Sunday - Was pretty lazy and fantastic for it :) I went out walking in the lovely weather and was able to get my new ipod headphones (behind the ears, yay) and also some groceries from Ralphs. Otherwise, I stayed in and was able to finish reading The Handmaid's Tale, which I did enjoy, although it skipped around a lot and ended quite abruptly. I liked how the epilogue had this whole story being a transcription in the future and used as historical notes of study by students. That was an interesting twist, though it's hard to tell what that future society thought cause it didn't really give an impression on if they'd gone back to "normal" society or will still so male driven like in her accounts.
Monday - Was also a lovely lazy day again. Got in some quality British television on my Netflix :) Finished up all of IT Crowd (love it) and am making a good chunk out of Dr. Who which I am now totally obsessed with!!! Brilliant show!!!
What I regret missing out on this weekend was getting back into exercise routine. After the disaster of days and days of stiffness and pain after the bootcamp last Monday, I was finally better, but managed to do nothing. This is going to have to change. I am managing to eat healthier, but if I want to lose this weight I know I need to add the exercise component too. It's tough though. Still up in the air if I should join the YMCA to get that motivation or if I can do it for free on my own.
There is a lot I can't say about work right now, but how about a funny story to round out this post. So, this afternoon Jason comes up to me and asks me for a safety pin. I don't have any, but when I ask why he needs one he turns around and the back of his shirt has slipt in the middle alone one of the seams :) Jen, next to me says, "What did he do, go Hulk or something?" ROTFLOL! After much searching was eventually able to find a pin from the lovely Ms. Holly, but it was quite the safety pin hunt.
No comments:
Post a Comment