*btw...until today's bright and sunny warm temps, it's been pouring rain and bitter cold here in sunny Cali, so I don't have
much good weather to send anyones way :-/ But I loved your post Em and am sooooooo glad you've gone back to the art you
love!*
Ok, here is a run down of what's been a'happen:
-I got back to Cali right before New Years. Celebrated the New Year with 2 VT friends (Zee and Tim) by going to Outback and then watching some movies and hanging out. Didn't actually make it to midnight, but then I was still jet lagged. Zee is working as an assistant at an entertainment law firm, and Tim is a post-production/editing P.A. on the newest Ben Stiller movie! It's really all very cool :-)
-I've been having some off and on temp jobs in various offices for most of January. Kath has heard the horror stories of my experiences at Universal Studios :-0 I was working as an admin assistant for the Pres. of Film Music for all of Unviersal and it's subsidiaries (Focus Pictures, etc.). Think "Devil Wears Prada" come to life and you will understand this office. I will say no more, cause if you haven't seen the movie, you better go out and rent it! LOL XD It wasn't so bad, but lets just say, I'm glad my next gig came up!
-Before I get to my latest job, let me share some more adventures. When I first got back in January, one of my roomies(Won) had a friend over that he had known in Korea. The friend's name is Sayu (I know I'm spelling that wrong, but that's as close as I can guess). Anyway, he was exploring LA and we (me, Won, Sayu, and Jason) all went into Hollywood and the Walk of Fame, Kodak Theater, Hollywood sign, etc, etc. Along the way we met a nice man with a nice snake :-) Yes......a snake.....a yellow ball python! And the guy who owned the snake would let you wear it around your neck and take pics (for a few bucks). The best part of this adventure was that , I, the only girl, went strait up and plopped the snake on my back and was having a grand time, while the 3 "men" were all cowering away and going on about slimy snakes and ewwwwwwww. ROTFLOL! It was good times....check it out:
Getting to know you....
Getting to know you better......
After a drink from that particularly BAD tasting free drink I'm holding, Won had said something v. funny about the face I'd made.....GAG
From left to right (Sayu, Jason, me, and Won)
-Also, my daddy came and visited me this month!!!!! YAY!!!!!! My first visitor to my LA home (hint hint to all you ladies :-D) It also coincided with hi birthday, so that was a double bonus. I picked him up from the smallest airport I'd ever seen (Burbank Airport), so small it only had 1 luggage turnstill and only one arrival gate :-0 The next day we went to Griffith Observatory, which is amazing, cool, and just plain fun. It has a great planetarium and an amazing view of the LA Basin. But, because it was football Championships weekend, we only got a 1/2 day cause we then went to a bar (Islands, yummy yummy food) to watch the game. I'd never watched football at a bar before and it was pretty fun. There was this really obnoxious drunk guy there, so that sucked, but it was still a great game. The next day, dad's b-day so we went to the LA Zoo. This was also a great time, especially the Bird Show, but it started raining and plus, dad was having trouble with his foot so we called it in early and went back to my place. Karen had given him some money so we could go to a nice dinner, and I took him to my 2nd fav food place, BJ's Brewhouse! They are famous for their pizza, but this time around I got a steak. It was waaaaaaaaaaay bigger then my tummy, so we had lots of leftovers. On Tuesday, I had to work, so dad stayed at my place and worked on his laptop while I played "Devil Wears Prada" (see above). It was his last night, it was raining again, and we were both lazy, so we ordered Papa John's pizza and watched some TV and just relaxed. I had so so so much fun with my dad. I only wish the trip could have been longer and I didn't have to work cause there is so much more to show and do out here. Oh, I forgot to mention that we also saw 27 Dresses. Cute movie but it was too long in the middle, which then caused it to be too rushed at the end. She went from totally down and out on love and the guy to crazy in love with the guy waaaaaay too quickly! But still a feel-gooder, so if you're into mushy romantic comedy check it out.
It was about to start pouring, so we got this in quick and ran outta there
-Now onto my new job. I have landed my first paid official you're going to see this stuff on TV real soon production gig!!!! I am a PA (Production Assistant) on a new NBC game show called "My Dad is Better than Your Dad" I can't tell you much and there are no pics to share :-/ because I had to sign contracts, etc. saying I have no ownership and cannot promote or give away anything, blah blah blah. But it is so freakin' sweet! We're shooting the show down at Sony Studios, so it's a long commute (about 40 miles total) with a lot of LA traffic, but it is so worth it. The production team on this show is immense, as in insane, crazy, looney, bonkers.... I've been working the last 7 days strait, and still don't know half the people working on this thing. My basic duties are cleaning up the stage and office (garbage multiplies faster then bunnies), restocking food, going on supply runs, transporting contestants, babysitting kids, locking up all the trailers, doing the late night script runs at 3 in the morning, and basically anything else they can think of for me and my fellow PAs to do. It hasn't always been pretty, and it's typically 14-15 hours days, and yesterday I almost broke down into tears, but I think that I'm doing a good job and I'm totally stoked about this! There are only 2 production days left, so after Saturday, I will again be gainfully un-employed, but I'm okay with that, cause I think this can lead to something else which can lead on and on. Only time will tell! PLUS, there's an added bonus in working with some of these guys (yummy!)
Sorry there aren't more specific stories. They are looooooooooong and hard to write, plus not very good for general public consumption. If you want more, either call or email me and I can share more 1 on 1 with ya :-) I can share this pic, tho, so enjoy XD
Goodness, I've forgotten something else. Silly me. My internship. I've been working hard to keep up with this internet marketing internship which I really like doing and looks like it could take off as well. I've embedded the official music vid below, but check out www.youtube.com/untitledgirlband to see everything. Plus....you can see my handywork. I created all the pic vids that are on their YouTube site. Please please please check them out, comment, add as a friend, subscribe, tell everyone you know, etc. etc. etc. LOL....shamless plug over ;-P
Last but certainly not least is a new thing I did with my hair while I was playing around. I liked it so thought I'd share ;-D
5 comments:
uhm---lex, how do you even have TIME to post!!! hahahaa
you're like super woman!
I'm so proud of you for all this way-cool work you're doing! It sounds like, though exhausting, this is all really building up the 'ol resume, eh? How exciting is it to be doing something you love? Wheee!
I love eet! I love eet! I love eet! I love eet! Must comment via phone as must dash out of here and rescue my car before it gets a parking ticket!!
But TOTALLY AWESOME!
Dear Emily,
That post was 2 days in the writing, and was going to be muuuuuuuuuch longer with lots of great stories, but I got too damn tired ;-P
I will try to write stories in this next coming week, cause production will be over and I will again be on the job-hunt trail.
And, yes, I do love this. It's thankless and exhausting, but it is fun too XD
More! More!
I just read this and can't even believe it myself. My goodness, it was the longest post in history and I have no idea how I survived it ;-p
Post a Comment