It was beautiful weather over there. Sunny and in the 60's-70's all week long. I'm missing it now with all this dreary rain we're having today.
Our hotel was by the Mediterranean Sea and by this really pretty marina.
Me and my mama at the Coliseum :-) This was the first site we went to in Rome, because last time I was there it was closed and so this was my big goal in going back to Rome.
Looking down on the Roman Forum from Palatine Hill. This was a great walking tour with this awesome English girl as our tour guide. Basically Palatine Hill was where Romulus (founder of Rome) built his house. Later emperors built their palaces on top of this hill. After all the add-ons and such the palace extended over a mile in length!
This is just a cool salamander that I saw basking on a rock :-)
Me and my mom on a bus just taking in the sites of the city!
At Vatican City :-) We didn't go into St. Peter's Basilica because the line wound around waaaaaay too long, but we did meet a really nice American girl who was studying for a semester in Italy.
My on the train! This was basically our life in Rome. We stayed in the suburb of Ostia, and so it took about an hour one way to get into the city. Word to the wise traveler, don't stay outside of the city!
Le Piete. A beautiful sculpture by Hippolytus Scalz.
A picture from the town of Assisi. This is where St. Francis was from. A beautiful city, but really nothing more then a tourist trap. Only about 5,000 people actually live there, because only so many can make their lives selling "I love Assisi" t-shirts. The scenery and churches were really impressive though :-) (PS those are plastic doves that were up as Easter decorations. they were very cool!)
One of the Air France planes we took to and from Rome. We had a layover in Paris both times, and both times they lost our luggage in Paris! Not such a bad thing on the homeward bound trip, cause I simply went home and passed-out asleep for 12 hours :-), but while in Rome, you realize why they say to put a change of clothes on your carry-on. Knowledge for later travels, eh?
And just on the side. I've been listening to Eddie Izzard's Unreaptible while making this post. ROFLOL is he ever funny!
3 comments:
Sounds like an AWESOME trip! Did you get an "I love lost luggage" t-shirt in Paris? How about a "I love long train rides" t-shirt? I'm going to get a "I love it when my friends travel" t-shirt.
Post more pics and stories! :-D
I like your last t-shirt idea. Sign me up for an "I love it when my friends travel" t :-)
so I notice no pictures of drinking vino or kissing random locals.....
Still...it looks like you had a wonderful time---I want more info and pix---STAT!!!
Post a Comment